5:13's rule!!!!

Bigblockrockwells

Reaction score
Just put the 5:13's in a couple days ago and this thing is no longer a turd! It actually pulls hard in each gear (1-4) It still hooks rolling in 2nd gear on the stock tires. Actually think I could have gone 5:38's. Truck is 100% stock and feels like it has gained 100hp. Does 80mph at 2000rpm which I think is fine. Drivability is much better, the clutch likes it better and you can actually crawl around a parking lot in 1st without it lurching forward! It's just a street truck not a race truck. Definitely recommend 5:13's. These trucks are big and heavy, they don't need to be geared for 240mph. Jmo tho!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
seems like with 4.56's i cruise 75 m.p.h. @ 1750 r.p.m. in 6th gear

I assume your truck is bone stock otherwise those gears are completely useless. With just bolt on mods my last truck was at its limit on stock rubber with 4:56's. The truck I have now is still on 4:10's and the difference to 4:56's is pretty noticeable, I can't even fathom 5:13's.

The only turd I saw was in my rear-view mirror with some Lightning trying to keep up...;)

... 4:56's is pretty noticeable, I can't even fathom 5:13's.

With the 17" Drag Radials installed and a quick calculation, my 4.56s turn into something closer to 4.90s. That was an easy/fast way for me to get a feel for the difference in deeper gearing.

During a 1/4 mile pass, the truck may have been happier pulling a horse trailer as it didn't want nor need the deeper gearing and it trapped 4 miles per hour slower.

The lower gearing took the long legs and made them much shorter.

I know the original poster isn't racing and doesn't have an auto but.. just sayin'...

I did a search on gearing and I could not find anything. I am glad the OP likes the gears. Anyone have an opinion on 4:88?:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back