5x5.5 to 5x115 wheel adapters?

DarkReign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooooo a long story short I got had by a seller on C-List stating that the SRT-10 wheels he had were for a Dodge Ram after I got them and cleaned them up a little it was found out that they are in fact NOT for a Ram and for a charger/challenger. While I'm bummed that I got a raw deal (guy literally took a picture of them "on" his truck as "proof") I'm more pi$$ed I can't put the wheels on my truck!

The deal I got on these wheels is so good that I will EASILY sell my current set of wheels and make money off the deal (the only real plus side to the whole ordeal). That brings me to my predicament I need some guidance on. The wheels are 22x9 and 22x10 (staggered) with an 18 OS. Is there any adapters out there that would allow me to run these rims and if so what thickness would I need so that they sit like an OEM set would?

The wheels in question: Set of 4 22" Staggered Viper Style Fits Dodge Charger 300C Challenger Replica Wheels Rims & Tires Satin Black - Hollander # - Stock Wheel Solutions

Last edited:
Sell the wheels and get the correct wheels.

Seen a few peeps try to do this but it never ends well.
You could buy a Charger/300 to put them on.

Seen a few peeps try to do this but it never ends well.
You could buy a Charger/300 to put them on.

Not sure what you mean by never ends well? I've come from the VW world and know tons of people that run adapter on MK4's to go 5x100 to 5x120 with no problems. I know the power levels are different and tend to be higher for our trucks vs MOST VW's but as long as the materials on the adapters are good quality I don't see how it could end badly. Specially on a truck that is a babied DD and will never see the track, I'm just more worried about what offset sill sit the wheels properly and not past the wheel wells. Not looking to add anymore scratches to the vehicle because the wheels poke out to far.

As for the Charger/Challenger, if I bring home another new vehicle it better be a mobile home cause the wife will make me live in it. :p

These trucks are heavy. Babied or not a bad pot hole could snap it right off I'd suspect. Venomous one racing may can help with a sturdy adapter. I wouldn't do it but I've seen several snapped adapters and that makes me a little partial.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Not the power, but the weight. Our truck is the weight of 3 vw's, and its the sideway load you put on the adapter when turning. Too many of my friends have lost a wheel in a turn and rolled. Not recommended.

Depending on what the vehicle/wheel combo is the back spacing usually won't work out.
One that comes to mind is. This young & newly married guy bought a set of fancy wheels & tires from a local pawn shop. Then he drives his mini van to the tire shop I was service manager at. In the end there was just no way they could be safely put on the van. The worst part was he used their wedding money to do it.

Depending on what the vehicle/wheel combo is the back spacing usually won't work out.
One that comes to mind is. This young & newly married guy bought a set of fancy wheels & tires from a local pawn shop. Then he drives his mini van to the tire shop I was service manager at. In the end there was just no way they could be safely put on the van. The worst part was he used their wedding money to do it.
Wait wait wait.....who puts rims on their minivan?

Not sure what you mean by never ends well? I've come from the VW world and know tons of people that run adapter on MK4's to go 5x100 to 5x120 with no problems. I know the power levels are different and tend to be higher for our trucks vs MOST VW's but as long as the materials on the adapters are good quality I don't see how it could end badly. Specially on a truck that is a babied DD and will never see the track, I'm just more worried about what offset sill sit the wheels properly and not past the wheel wells. Not looking to add anymore scratches to the vehicle because the wheels poke out to far.

Holy shit.. good comedy writes itself...

If you do something as idiotic as wheel adapters on a 500hp 1/2 ton p/u scratches will be the least of your concerns...

But fuck, you've seen it on a jetta so go for it... No doubt you can find some mook to make a set...

Last edited:
Like Andy said, sell the wheels and buy the right ones. Save yourself the heartache or possible tragedy to compensate for a bad deal.

Wait wait wait.....who puts rims on their minivan?

He was a latino fella (hope that's the correct PC term) if that explains anything. And he diddent actually get them on the van. Lol
He is probably still using them as coffee & end tables in his new bachelor pad.

One thing I learned over the years selling parts and services. There's no accounting for taste. Especially guys "customizing" there Harley Davidson motorcycles. I may not be what I like but if they have the cash I'll make it happen.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back