6 speed rebuild

All the major t56 shops offer that, and I gave it some serious thought. But I will never need 6th gear for acceleration, and the insane gas mileage I get with the 4:10's can't be given up for a once in a blue moon use of 6th. I drove 452 miles back from Akron Ohio on 17.2 gallons.

Tick told me spray bars were for people doing the mile or similar long pulls. I did many 130-145pulls and my trans never shower a sign of failure. But to each his own. Better safe than sorry.

I wanted to get a different 1st, 5th and 6th ratio but didn't. Id have to look at previous emails to see why.

They will answer any questions. That way you don't have rely on forum members opinion.

I would of went with a higher level upgrade but their level 2 was the highest. My only fear of it braking is launching at the track. My stock t56 took a ton of abuse and some 1320 track hits.

Last edited:
I will get flamed for this, I am sure, but I do a lot cruising at higher then normal speeds. I figure for the $150, I will have the option there later if i want to hook a cooler up.

If you get flamed for driving normal, then they are an idiot. No worries. You made the right choice. Tick's spray bars required a pump so that's the only reason i didnt do it. I really wish ida gotten a different 6th gear. It's useless now with my rear tires. You guys are lucky to have 4.10's.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back