67 pro tour Camaro /almost a wrap

Hotrodmike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well figured I would put up a couple pictures of the 67 we are just finishing and should go out to the upholstrey shop next week to get all leathered up .
This is the first time I have had it out fixing bugs that the sun was out and had to delay even testing due to the suck ass weather lately . She will get finished prep and buff b4 she goes home . 396 SB 545hp ,Viper 6sp Ford 9" 3.73 w/detroit ,Baer 14"front /12"rear. custom coil-over from w/ r&p ,hidden stereo/cd/w-remote ,custom autometer dash , a/c ,pw ,pw seats .
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Nice looking car. :D

Very nice. I used to own a 67 Camaro, oh a couple of centurys ago.

Bill.

Thanks guys
It is a nnice thing when people are impressed with your work ,tends to say you are doing something right (somedays I wonder). The cool thing was the appraiser was impressed enough to start refering us to all his high end customers that have a need for our service . Steve here is the map ,we are the star in the boonies ,http://www.classicautoworks.biz/contact.html
Drop in any time as any of you guys are more than welcome if your in the area .
Bad thing is I think the car is faster than my truck but then again if I tried to keep up with my customers ,,,,I really would be broke or beyond <VBG>
Have A Kind Day
Mike
PS for anyone that went over to my site ,it is done now after many threats <G> and I am adding more car pixs as time allows

Patrick 335x35's are on the back and yes we did have to tub it . Also tried to get the rolll bars and stuff to be as stealth as posible and redid the rear seat frame to look stock and cover tubs . The car was pretty rough when we got it ,lots of metal work and rust replacement no interior no engine or tranny pretty much just a roller junker .The funny thing is the car came in for a paint job only and just kept growwing
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Patrick
Not to be rude but the bill is always between me and the customer . I dont kiss and tell . Now if the customer wants to brag what he spent thats his thing . Now as for the appraisal it even shocked me :0 and it was a lot more than what he has in the car . It was 140k $$$$$ and that tends to eat in on my comfort level when test driving !!!!! ROFLMAO
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Hotrodmike said:
Patrick
Not to be rude but the bill is always between me and the customer . I dont kiss and tell . Now if the customer wants to brag what he spent thats his thing . Now as for the appraisal it even shocked me :0 and it was a lot more than what he has in the car . It was 140k $$$$$ and that tends to eat in on my comfort level when test driving !!!!! ROFLMAO
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Thats fair Mike. I was just looking for an idea of what a build like this costs, thats all. $140k huh.......was that the Barrett Jackson appraiser?:dontknow: :D LOL

patrick

Here is one we did about 5 years ago and I always tell people when the car is pro built you prob will not get all the money you put in back . This was one that proved me wrong as he drove it for 4 years . Solld the car for almost 20k profit . So either we are doing things right or Im building cars way too cheap ,but I have yet to have a customer say that . LOL. I have been doing cars since the 60's and try to hire only gearheads so there is more than just a paycheck involved in the car ,we love um !
Also the Camaro if you look on the service page on my site is the car on the rottiserary in lime green epoxy seam sealing the underfloor .
Have A Kind Day
Mike

mauiSRT/10 said:
Thats fair Mike. I was just looking for an idea of what a build like this costs, thats all. $140k huh.......was that the Barrett Jackson appraiser?:dontknow: :D LOL

patrick
ROFLMAO
No but he did say this car was Barrett quality :star:
That is a nice compliment though
Rough guess on doing something close would be somewhere in the 60-80 k range depending on drive train and trick stuff . The drive train was not too bad on this one I think around 20k for all running gear .Have A Kind Day
Mike

Hotrodmike said:
The car was pretty rough when we got it ,lots of metal work and rust replacement no interior no engine or tranny pretty much just a roller junker .

Hmmmmmm....junker roller....hmmmm? Texas? Hmmmmmmmm....What kind of deposit to get work started? What sort of incremental payments along the way?

DrewCar1.JPG

DrewCar5.JPG

DrewCar2.JPG

Hmmmm...Greg

fun2xlr8 said:
Hmmmmmm....junker roller....hmmmm? Texas? Hmmmmmmmm....What kind of deposit to get work started? What sort of incremental payments along the way?

View attachment 9543

View attachment 9544

View attachment 9545

Hmmmm...Greg
I have gotten them from further away <G>We really do more work from ppl around the country than we do local . SOP would be 5k down then alot depends on the speed the customer is looking for the faster the car gets done the faster the payments come . Since we are not a hugh shop and normally have from 3-6 full builds going on . We bounce from one to the others putting more time in the ones that are being paid faster since I do build a lot of stuff for the non-rich . I hate to be a banker so as funds are burnt I do expect refills and you can figure 1 guy full time for a month is roughly 8000.00 .No funds ,,job stops and storage starts Moving around and swapping the cars tends to keep everyone less frustrated with any certain vehical .If it's beating you up go work on a differant job and rethink why it was beating you then go back . Just seems to keep the stress level down . Working on the same care for a year straight every day you start to dislike that one and work quality will start to show as you start to push ,just to get it out of your site LOL .Current shop rate is 55hr but that may be changeing early this spring since I am noticeing even the hack shop are getting better money than we are and the dealers arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr thats insane I can do what they do but they can not do what I do so why soooo much differance ????
Here is the next project coming up . I really didnt want it but how often do you get to say you built a Rolls Street rod ROFLMAO rust wize it's gonna be a bitch and on top of that a shop in Fl hacked her up pretty bad so lots to redo . The customer was happy with the first one we did a 60's 200 series Benz with a 383 TPI under the hood .
Have A Kind Day
Mike

That sounds cool Mike. I like everything you said there and can relate to all of it just about. What I would be looking for is to get paint, body, a cage, tubs with a back half and possibly a body drop(channeling) while we're at it. Have you done many drag car setups in the past? I would like to save the engine, tranny, fuel and electronics, interior etc for myself and my son to complete together. I like em to sit waaaay low, and it will be a drag car, so we can go as low as a trailer will allow without the need for a trick air suspension. It has a solid floor pan up front, but the trunk pan is gone, and so are the rear quarters and other places in the rear. I would like to come and visit your shop before sending my car over, possibly some time late spring or early summer. I am also looking for a decent local shop to do this, but all the good ones are too busy or want waaay too much, and all the others seem a bit shoddy, so if you know of any shops in the northwest you can recommend, that would be appreciated as well.

Greg

fun2xlr8 said:
That sounds cool Mike. I like everything you said there and can relate to all of it just about. What I would be looking for is to get paint, body, a cage, tubs with a back half and possibly a body drop(channeling) while we're at it. Have you done many drag car setups in the past? I would like to save the engine, tranny, fuel and electronics, interior etc for myself and my son to complete together. I like em to sit waaaay low, and it will be a drag car, so we can go as low as a trailer will allow without the need for a trick air suspension. It has a solid floor pan up front, but the trunk pan is gone, and so are the rear quarters and other places in the rear. I would like to come and visit your shop before sending my car over, possibly some time late spring or early summer. I am also looking for a decent local shop to do this, but all the good ones are too busy or want waaay too much, and all the others seem a bit shoddy, so if you know of any shops in the northwest you can recommend, that would be appreciated as well.

Greg
Greg
Body and paint is no problem ,cage and tubs are not a problem . Now you got me confused ,we are talking the RR ? correct and to channel you have to have something to channel over and that is not a full frame car as it uses unibody /rail type structure . So unless you are talking full tube chassiswith aluminum floor and tubs that the body will sit down over after removing the floor ,ya lost me on that one . A lot of things depend on class you plan to run in ,weight you are looking for and max hp/tq. Cant say I have built lot of race cars in the last 15 years or so but back in the day LOL I have . Not much differant building race cars and some of the high HP rods ,same ideas just differant settings .
Not trying to be insulting but I would think you were an idiot if you did just ship the car here on a whim with out checking us out and I'm not sure I would take it as I'm kinda funny that way if you dont care enough to check things out you prob dont care about the car either .If thats the case why am I working on it LOL .
I know some ppl up there but not any that would be suited to this one as they seem to be more specialized . I do understand the want to be local and hope you do find someone but if you dont I would be more than happy to talk to you about the job . When you said a lot of the good shops were booked we normally stay booked about a year in advance for the bigger jobs but due to unforseen BS we are a bit slow . I backed off bookings since I had some help problems ,got that taken care off and 3 customers end up backing out in the middle of the job . One that kept upgrading and then not want the job price to go up as he had a set number he wanted to spend and even after explaining just the interior was going to be 20k for what he wanted he still was stuck on 35k for the whole car . Second was a lil gal who I really tried to work with but after she lost her job it was just too much burdon for her to finish car and the third one emailed me last week and told me trying to keep up finance with the car was just impposible so he will try to rebook in a year or so ,Then made the comment " He just couldnt afford to play with the big boys " ROFLMAO but with Rods as soon as spring starts warming up I will start getting filled up again .
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Back