67 pro tour Camaro /almost a wrap

Silent D said:
She's a real beauty, Mike.....truly sweet.......

SD
Thanks SD, I try .
I think I like the label craftsman better than rich-man either that or I should have gone a differant dirrection years ago hahahahahahahahah :( :dontknow:
Rich I will never get but I do love what we do so that makes up for a lot . Main drive is knowing the Gov. wants all the old cars gone and crushed so screw them I'll just keep knocking um out till I die :D :D :D :D
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Yes Mike, you are correct in assuming I am talking full tin floors on the RR. I am looking to basicly use the front subframe and weld a full frame back half to it with welded driveshaft loops and a four link. My last RR was a mini-tub car and ran 11s street legal on pump gas with the front wheels in the air. I would like to stay with pump gas, but go bigger on everything else. Here are a few pics of the old RR that influenced my buy of this car.I did everything on the car but the cage and the subframe connectors myself. It had a 413 wedge with #915 440 heads and a 727. I would like to go hemi and a Viper 6-speed in this, unless somehow I can get ahold of a new 600HP Viper motor and stuff it in. I would also like to widen the rear fender openings 2 inches, and move the rear centerline forward 2 inches for better weight transfer. Moving the motor and trans rearward would also tickle me pink, but would probably not be practical with a hemi or V-10, I am guessing.
In answer to your other question, yes, I want this car to sit on the ground.

70RRfront2.JPG

70RRfrontl1.JPG

70RRfrontr4.JPG

70RRtrunk1.JPG

70RRtrunk2.JPG

70RRtrunk7.JPG

70RRright1.JPG

70RRtrunk3.JPGOct22Racing6.jpgOct22Smoky3.jpg

Greg

I love orange :rock: Nice pics :D

Hotrodmike said:
Thanks guys
It is a nnice thing when people are impressed with your work ,tends to say you are doing something right (somedays I wonder). The cool thing was the appraiser was impressed enough to start refering us to all his high end customers that have a need for our service . Steve here is the map ,we are the star in the boonies ,http://www.classicautoworks.biz/contact.html
Drop in any time as any of you guys are more than welcome if your in the area .
Bad thing is I think the car is faster than my truck but then again if I tried to keep up with my customers ,,,,I really would be broke or beyond <VBG>
Have A Kind Day
Mike
PS for anyone that went over to my site ,it is done now after many threats <G> and I am adding more car pixs as time allows

Iget down to Austin occassionally on business, next time I do, I'll make it a point to come out and see you. You should holler if you ever come to DFW too...we'll meet up and get an appropriate beverage somewhere.

Wifey said:
I love orange :rock: Nice pics :D

Thnak you. I loved it too. I think that or lime green are my favorite mopar colors. Unfortunately for me, I let my son pick the colors on this project a while ago. He insist on black with red airbrushed flames. I'm still working on him on that one.:) Black drag cars in the summer are aweful to race, but it sure would look perty in black, I have to admit!!

Greg

Greg
Ok thanks for the clarification ,guess I'm just to used to lately having ppl want to go all the way ,well except dont do this and this and this LOL so wanted to make sure we were talking on the same wave length. Just keep in touch and let me know . The orange one was sweet and yea black is no fun sitting at the tree in 100+ degrees , I ran a car years ago Black Midnight and that made it hard to change the color scheme LOL a 57 in D-gas. Back then it was more about fun than money , now it's just too much money to be fun :(
Steve ,no problem drop in any time just give me a bit of heads up so I have the time to stop when you get here . The way things normally go I dont get much further than Round Rock (short chain ) always seems there is something else needing done b4 I walk out . Last year I went up to the guys and quit <VBG> figured I would have some free time then and they kept saying they didn't need me ,well that lasted for 2 hours ,real short vacation ,but the longest one I have had in years :dontknow: . I am hoping to be up there for GoodGuys but at the rate things are going I am not sure the truck will be ready to show . Always seems it's slow cash or no time ,peskey customers ROFLMAO
Have A Kind Day
Mike

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back