87 Octane??

err76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok,
No I am not trying to skimp out but I let the wife borrow the truck today and she came home and told me that she filled it up. She does not remember if she put 87 or 89 in it but is positive that it was not 91. I know that in most vehicles the knock sensor will retard the timing to engines can handle lower grade fuels but I want to know if it is going to screw anything up if I dont go and put 25$ in octane boost in it?

Thanks for the info guys
Eric

Last edited:
If your truck gas 87 octane fuel in it u will be fine.
In europe we are driving standard with 95 octane fuel.
And we can fill our cars also 98 and in Germany 102 octane fuel.

i wish i had 102 octane in the us. dam. id have alot more power! baby giggle juice. hahaha.

yup your good...just take it easy and stay. Away from going WOT....run it low and just fill her up with 91/93 and then drive her normal

yep i agree with the other guys, with what ya had in the tanks, drive her easyish & refill bout halfish tank

Luke said:
i wish i had 102 octane in the us. dam. id have alot more power! baby giggle juice. hahaha.

We have 100 octane at a local sunoco here in Tampa fl :)

If your truck gas 87 octane fuel in it u will be fine.
In europe we are driving standard with 95 octane fuel.
And we can fill our cars also 98 and in Germany 102 octane fuel.

well thats why u guys are always bitchin bout ur gas prices over there, lol jk:D

i wish i could get some higher octane, i got a place here in town to get some turbo blue but u gata put it in a can, wont let u put it in a car:mad:

All of the above are correct. Just don't be like me!! The first 9k miles I tried to skimp out on paying for 93 octane. Caused one of my cats to clog up and turn red. Thank goodness it was replaced under warranty but the stealership was skeptical and even tested the fuel. By then I had already ran through a couple tanks of 93 so they didn't find shiat!

STOP! DO NOT START YOUR TRUCK!:( Make the wife "siphon" out all the low grade gas immediately! Then send her with two 5 gallon fuel jugs "on foot" to the nearest gas station and upon her return have her refill the truck. Just for piece of mind have her make one more trip so that she can "top it off". Better safe than sorry. Follow this proceedure and this issue should not occur again.:D.................But like everbody else said you should be OK just take it easy this tank. And BTW, thank the wife for filling it up and give her a HUG!:)

Sorry. I couldn't help myself.:p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back