VIPER

JTS VENOM SERIES SRT-10
Supporting Member
Reaction score
today i had my eight or ninth exhaust system installed

i kept the mopar headers with mopar mids with QTP cutouts and catless

i added a X-pipe and magnaflow muffler, till has the race burner sound to it - but performance is better then it was there more pick up if you know what i am saying then the way it was...

also added the rear O2 sensors back to the truck and NO "CEL" :D :D :D :D

woohoo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i am unsure of what to do now about the sound of the truck i'v tried mac - magnaflow - flowmaster - off brands - kooks - and a few other systems all sound like a racer :(

FATJACK said:
Are you still using your resonator?? If not, put it back on. Helps a lot.

yep the one in the rear - b4 the tips

Replace the engine with a V-8 with a lumpy cam...you will then be satisfied.

I have gone through my share of exhaust systems looking for the right sound...I have what you have but have dropped the x pipe and no resonator.

Sound is a individual thing...but I too long for the sound of a throaty V-8...so I bought one...and just accept the sound of the V-10.

Yellow venom said:
What about the "powersticks"? The sound clip on here had a "V8" sound to it??:dontknow:

that is next - after that, i will hang it up, and accept the sound of the V-10

ima going to order them from Stinker tonight

Go buy a B&B already and stop messing with it :D

my son's black truck has a boiler true duel exhaust system on it, the system has two straight through mufflers ans sounds great. But that's just me. You might want to check out You Tube for the sound, I know they have some of the boiler systems on there..sounds real good. You can tell if its a boiler because it only has one tip coming out the back, but if you look down there you can see the two pipes going to one single tip. Black Venom has pics on this thread that show what I am talking about.

i know the truck need a bath - and the pic Qty is not great - crappy video cam.

your right, it does sound like a Honda. What did you do with the other 6 cylinders? :dontknow:

walbert said:
your right, it does sound like a Honda. What did you do with the other 6 cylinders? :dontknow:

lmao - dunno, all i know it sounds like shit and it needs to be fixed, it sounds ok at idle but as soon as it put your foot on the gas, it goes down hill

when i said it sounded like shit man i was not kidden

sad to say it sounded great when it had the stock exhaust manifold 2 cats and all OEM piping with a magnaflow on it :eek:

after i installed the mopar headers with catless mids X-pipe and magnaflow muffler ( among other systems ) it went all down hill :(

i sware it has a V10 in it

somewhere ......................................

with the cutout's open, cutout are located in the mid pipe

This is just my thoughts... I think the cats have alot to do with it. When I had my Magnablow it also had the catless mids. It sounded really "raspy", similar to yours. People that have added resonators seem to improve the sound a bit.
I know everyone wants to remove the cats to releave the backpressure and gain more hp, but really how much hp do you really gain?
When I got my B&B, it was when my Magnablow blew a second hole in it. I was looking at other exhausts for my truck on ebay when I came across it. I was able to get the high flow cat mid and the cat back for what I would have paid for a new Magnablow. I was going to use the JMB catless mids because I also had this belief that I would gain more hp without cats. I went ahead and put the cats on with the rest of the B&B. After hearing everyone with the "I don't like the sound" posts, Im glad I put them on. I get compliments all the time on the sound of the truck.

walbert said:
This is just my thoughts... I think the cats have alot to do with it. When I had my Magnablow it also had the catless mids. It sounded really "raspy", similar to yours. People that have added resonators seem to improve the sound a bit.
I know everyone wants to remove the cats to releave the backpressure and gain more hp, but really how much hp do you really gain?
When I got my B&B, it was when my Magnablow blew a second hole in it. I was looking at other exhausts for my truck on ebay when I came across it. I was able to get the high flow cat mid and the cat back for what I would have paid for a new Magnablow. I was going to use the JMB catless mids because I also had this belief that I would gain more hp without cats. I went ahead and put the cats on with the rest of the B&B. After hearing everyone with the "I don't like the sound" posts, Im glad I put them on. I get compliments all the time on the sound of the truck.

i would have to agree with you, i think putting the cat's back on would solve the sound problem, i know lots of people say remove the cats your truck will love you for it

there are a few things that i have notice when i removed the primary cat's

1. i can smell the exhaust 100% more then when i had cat's

2. the SOUND is just crappy... or raspy as you put it

i didnt notice a HUGH HP gain when i removed the cat's myself

VIPER said:
i would have to agree with you, i think putting the cat's back on would solve the sound problem, i know lots of people say remove the cats your truck will love you for it

there are a few things that i have notice when i removed the primary cat's

1. i can smell the exhaust 100% more then when i had cat's

2. the SOUND is just crappy... or raspy as you put it

i didnt notice a HUGH HP gain when i removed the cat's myself

I'm sure you know, but if the exhaust flows to much, you will lose tq at the low end. With the headers, no cats, and a straigh through muffler you would probably be making the truck slower.
It sounds better (lower pitch) with the cutouts open. could just be the garage you are in.

i run the Belanger's.

with their catless mids, 3"x26" PowerSticks & full 3", it was wicked/nasty loud.

ask Coley & any one else that was at the LFC last year, lol.

did sound good 4,000 & above though. i agree with ya on the seat of the pants HP gains.

went back to the cat-mids & quietened her down a bit & seemed to smooth the sound out a bit.

the sound i really like is full open headers. drove her around a bit & seemed deeper & wicked loud:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

i would vote for a full B&B though. its on the list:five:

yep..

Sharpimage has B&B headers on his truck and it sounded good

i would just hate to remove the mopar headers i have now,

and put another

$2,195.00 for the headers

$1,549.00 exhaust

there got to be something i can do with the mopar setup i have

even if it mean putting the cat's back on

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!