90-120, 90% throttle 1995 Dodge Ram stroked and supercharged

Race1Mopar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1995 Dodge Ram stroked and supercharged. Vortech Ysi, 6lbs boost. I was about 90% in the throttle. Not all the way because temps were over 100 today and didn't want to risk detonation.

I have a gear vendor gear splitter so i have 8 gears. The first thing you see if me with in 4th over(my 8th gear). I disengage the gear vendor, lock out overdrive and take off. The first pull to 6000rpm is in 3rd gear, then I split into 3rd over and pulled to about 5300rpm. i still had 4th and 4th over if I wanted to accelerate more.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De3kcbyTW6U]90-120 Dodge Ram Vortech Ysi - YouTube[/ame]

1995 Dodge Ram stroked and supercharged. Vortech Ysi, 6lbs boost. I was about 90% in the throttle. Not all the way because temps were over 100 today and didn't want to risk detonation.

I have a gear vendor gear splitter so i have 8 gears. The first thing you see if me with in 4th over(my 8th gear). I disengage the gear vendor, lock out overdrive and take off. The first pull to 6000rpm is in 3rd gear, then I split into 3rd over and pulled to about 5300rpm. i still had 4th and 4th over if I wanted to accelerate more.

90-120 Dodge Ram Vortech Ysi - YouTube

Nice, any plans to come out to little river? Hit me up id like to see it run

How hard was it to get the 95 computer to work with the supercharger? I got a 95 8.0 I'm wanting to supercharge

Hey ARRESTmeRed04

I do plan on going to Little River again and SAR but I'm waiting on cooler temps. It would be good to go and meet a few of you out there, put a face with a name. Count on it!
Joe

How hard was it to get the 95 computer to work with the supercharger? I got a 95 8.0 I'm wanting to supercharge

umm... not friendly for me. I tried many piggy backs until I got fed up and just went with a F.A.S.T. to tune it. My problem was more of having a highly modded motor though. A stock computer would not run mine even without a SC.

I do have a lot of buddies on Bionicdodge that run SC's on relatively stock computers with piggy backs with great success. There's a lot of knowledge there to get you going there. Marty used to own it but sold it when he moved on. The old talent, and many of the guys that "play hard" still go on and give advice. The traffic there isn't what it used to be but still a great bunch of guys to know.

Hey ARRESTmeRed04

I do plan on going to Little River again and SAR but I'm waiting on cooler temps. It would be good to go and meet a few of you out there, put a face with a name. Count on it!
Joe

How is the starting line down at SAR? I've never been down there

good one! I like Little River until the pollen is on the track, then all bets are off. i go to temple the most but still like SAR. 2 minutes.. you are spoiled!!! hahaha

Explain some more on how that gear vendor gear splitter works please???

Hey Joe
You have 1st gear, then a gear between 1st and second, and pretty much all are the same. 1st goes so fast for me I never split it so i really use 7 gears. It's handy when racing, towing or getting better gas mileage on the freeway. For me have 4.56's with 30.5 inch tires. In the video you see where my rpm is? The first thing I did was to disengage the gear splitter and the rpm you see is what I would be running at that speed on the freeway. When I disengage overdrive and punch it that's third and the next gear you see is 3rd over. If I had kept going i would have went into the stock overdrive and then would have had a gear on top of that.

Handy Racing- 1st, 2nd, 2nd over (much more torque multiplication than third) and if i need it then third. I can't remember, I think i finish the qtr in 2nd over or just barely touch third.

Towing- Lock out overdrive and use 3rd over, or for me use overdrive and don't split... depends on the hills.

Gas mileage- lower rpm's, less wear on the drivetrain and still have 4.56's
Joe

Last edited:
umm... not friendly for me. I tried many piggy backs until I got fed up and just went with a F.A.S.T. to tune it. My problem was more of having a highly modded motor though. A stock computer would not run mine even without a SC.

I do have a lot of buddies on Bionicdodge that run SC's on relatively stock computers with piggy backs with great success. There's a lot of knowledge there to get you going there. Marty used to own it but sold it when he moved on. The old talent, and many of the guys that "play hard" still go on and give advice. The traffic there isn't what it used to be but still a great bunch of guys to know.

Thanks man, appriciate the help

Thanks man, appriciate the help
Absolutely and if you really want to know, I can reach out and ind a few solutions for you. I know about 4 or 5 few that did it successfully. Indyram did it first and the longest. He has some video's on youtube too and will probably respond to you if you ask him questions.

Last edited:
Absolutely and if you really want to know, I can reach out and ind a few solutions for you. I know about 4 or 5 few that did it successfully. Indyram did it first and the longest. He has some video's on youtube too and will probably respond to you if you ask him questions.

If you could find somebody that charged an 8.0 i'd reall appriciate it.

I totally missed the 8.0, you're talking the v10 488 aren't you. I don't personally, but let me reach out and see what I can find.
Joe

What kind of Rwhp you puttin down and what kind of numbers at the track are you getting? How can I get some more info of that Gear Splitter?

What kind of Rwhp you puttin down and what kind of numbers at the track are you getting? How can I get some more info of that Gear Splitter?

I dyno'd on a 102 degree day and got right at 500hp, 488 tq at the wheels on 6lbs of boost. i'm getting right at 30hp per lb of boost at the wheels and now getting about 7-8lbs of boost so she's stronger than before. I'm actually built for much more, but i need to push the SC out and cog it to get much more. When I went to the track and with 6lbs of boost-I didn't prepare, went full trim with a tonneau cover, bass box still in the cab, my chrome 20's and 295x45x20's (30.4" tall), a spare tire and two bags of the big miracle grow in the bed of the truck and ran a 12.9 at 106mph. She hs it in er to do much better on shorter, lighter wheels and slicks, plus less weight. I went to play with my cousin that has a GTO and told him I'd whup up on him in full trim. We got messed up in the line and after I beat a 370Z he saw my time and wouldn't race me, lol.

GearVendor- They don't make a direct fit for your truck like mine but they have a universal kit to fit. I asked the owner about the SRT trucks and he said he would consider if he got enough interest. Not sure how many he meant but that was my conversation.
http://www.gearvendors.com/index.html
Joe

Last edited:

sold my supercharged iron v-10 a few months ago (paxton novi 2000)

Attachments

• DSC00721.jpg
    DSC00721.jpg
    509.3 KB · Views: 1,427
  • DSC00882.jpg
    DSC00882.jpg
    616.6 KB · Views: 3,384
  • DSC00640.JPG
    DSC00640.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 6,203

Latest posts

Support Us