A/C compressor in my 96 RAM

Geodriller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the other day i was headed to the shop. i stopped along the way to make a rather lengthy text to a coworker so i was pulled over on the on ramp for about ten minutes. when i went to get back on the interstate i noticed the AC was not cooling and also noticed a funny chemical smell, (proly coolant) coming through into the cab through the vents. i was in a big hurry so i rolled the windows down and was gunna look under the hood wheni got to my destination.

nothiung seemed wrong, no broken belts, or leaks, or anything visable seemed awry.

to day i went fishin and noticed a crappy sound from under the hood. when you kick the compressor over it sounds like a whooshing airleak, very loud, then settles down, but you can still hear it. like i said. sounds like a big whooshing airleak. but i cant see where it is coming from. and nothing visable seems wrong. it does seem to get louder with thr rpms so it seems it might be inside the compressor or bearing,.

its a hit or that the air is cold or not. there is alot of things going on under the hood so it is hard to pinpoint where the noise is comming from.

is this a tale tell sign of anything some might know exactly what it is. i got my buddy comin over later to look at it. just wondering if anyone here had some ideas. i am obviously not a sklled mechanic.

any help is appreciated. and funny remarks are aswell:elefant:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back