A/C Delete

if i could find my notes. thinkin its right at 5" shorter

i pulled the tensioner all the way back, took the belt off the comp. & pulled the belt together & marked. measured the distance between the marks

Thanks for your research and this info!

Your welcome, it took two attempts, I was a little short on the first guess.

FYI, the compressor must be removed for this to work. The compressor is right in the path of the belt so I'm pretty sure you can't just throw on a different belt when want to go to the track.

ya takin all a/c stuff off up to the firewall???

Even under the dash, it's all gone. The only thing left is the controls on the dash.

i was just shootin for to the firewall

ya goin to do the blend door up date thing while your thar???

i was just shootin for to the firewall

ya goin to do the blend door up date thing while your thar???

Nope. All that stuff is sitting in the quonset, I took it all out. Getting to the firwall is pretty straight forward and easy to do. It probably wouldn't take a hour to eliminate up to there as long as you have the line disconnect tools.

Now does this do anything with the defrost ?

some people say the a/c runs while defrost is on ?

I would do this mod, have always wondered if this could be done. Good info to know buddy :rock:

Well I do believe the A/C cycles during defrosting, but I haven't really studied how it all functions. The way I did it was I eliminated everything (A/C, heater, blower motor, etc) so it really is a non issue for me as for what will and won't work. None of it will work, I am a little skeptical still on if this was a good idea or not but it's too late now.

If this was my daily driver I would never do what I have done.

As for your last comment, anything can be done. Someone just has to figure it out and be brave enough to try.

Last edited:
Well I do believe the A/C cycles during defrosting, but I haven't really studied how it all functions. The way I did it was I eliminated everything (A/C, heater, blower motor, etc) so it really is a non issue for me as for what will and won't work. None of it will work, I am a little skeptical still on if this was a good idea or not but it's too late now.

If this was my daily driver I would never do what I have done.

As for your last comment, anything can be done. Someone just has to figure it out and be brave enough to try.

Yeah I also don't drive my truck everyday, I mean I bought a car before without A/C from the factory and it still had a defrost. thats my question. If I remove the a/c unit. wonder if it would still defrost, I'm going to say it would, maybe not as good. I have no clue.

So have you drove the truck yet ?

no a/c means your back to "old school" defrost. just hot air:rock::rock::rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back