A/C

gatorowned

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone notice that AC on these trucks takes forever to get cool? I have already had the system checked by 2 different shops and all say "everything is normal". Hmmmm

Try that stuff in the bottle I keep seeing a commercial about. I'm sure you can get it at AutoZone/AdvanceAuto.

Search on here, you'll find that most 10's came from the factory with under the recommended amount of freon. I found a lot of threads when searching for the same thing.

Or is the mixing door broken? Lots of owners have had that problem.

I was going to bring up the blend door as well. I have thought the same as you about the ac for at least 2 summers. About a week ago my fan started to make a heck of a racket. Last weekend I dropped the fan and found that the blend door was broke and blocking the fan, and a piece of it had finally fallen into the squirrel cage fan. I removed the broken blend door threw the the fan hole, put the fan back in, jumped in the truck and went for a ride to assess my work. The truck froze me out in only a few minutes. It's the coldest ac that truck has blown since I bought it in 2008. The blend door is what blocks off the outside air when you push the recirculate button. It will take you 5 minutes to disconect the wires and remove the 3 screws that hold the fan in place. Look up inside to see if the blend door is laying on top of the fans hole. If its broken, then thread it out threw that hole and see what happens. This won't cost you any cash and only a few minutes of your time..

I suffered from a not so cold AC right off the showroom door. Primarily, the passenger side would cycle warm to cool. Interestingly enough I could reproduce the problem with a couple full throttle launches.

Dodge and another 3rd party shop all stated the system was within spec. Through word of mouth went to another 3rd party who seemed very familiar with Dodge cooling systems. He stated that they have two issues...come with a just a bit low on Freon, though technically its within parameters, and the blend door is notorious for not working properly. My blend door was fine but he added just a bit of freon and has worked flawlessly since.

I suffered from a not so cold AC right off the showroom door. Primarily, the passenger side would cycle warm to cool. Interestingly enough I could reproduce the problem with a couple full throttle launches.

Dodge and another 3rd party shop all stated the system was within spec. Through word of mouth went to another 3rd party who seemed very familiar with Dodge cooling systems. He stated that they have two issues...come with a just a bit low on Freon, though technically its within parameters, and the blend door is notorious for not working properly. My blend door was fine but he added just a bit of freon and has worked flawlessly since.

x2 as was my case. I never noticed much because I cruise with the windows down but when the lady rode she was mad it took so long to cool down.... Picked up a r134 recharge from my local parts store, it was a little low, charged it and now its freezing!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back