A noob checking in

Status
Not open for further replies.

4to10cyl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've posted up around here a little bit lately, but haven't made a formal introduction. I just picked up my 04 RC yesterday from a guy in Mississippi. We met in Elizabethtown, KY and traded our cars straight up. I had a pretty modified Pontiac Solstice with a Eaton Blower on it, full exhaust, rims, some custom paint, and a whole lot of little odds and ends, but I guess I get bored or maybe the fact that it was a 4-cyl while my fiance drove around a V8. Don't know, but that's in the past.

So I drove home my viper truck last night, didn't get on it for about 200 miles. Then I did and it was awesome!! Totally different feeling that my car, even though it is slower it doesn't feel it for whatever reason. Probably something to do with...torque. :rock:

So I'm back in Michigan now. I washed it up today, but didn't get a chance to snap some shots of it. It was definitely driven as a truck in terms of the paint wasn't too well maintained, but overall I'm extremely stoked about having it and can't wait to keep driving it. Oh, and it got 18.5 mpg on the way home going about 80-85 and having a few spurts in there. Can't complain about that!! :D

Welcome to the asylum, Noob......

Congrats on owning a great piece of American Automotive history...

D

4to10cyl said:
I've posted up around here a little bit lately, but haven't made a formal introduction. I just picked up my 04 RC yesterday from a guy in Mississippi. We met in Elizabethtown, KY and traded our cars straight up. I had a pretty modified Pontiac Solstice with a Eaton Blower on it, full exhaust, rims, some custom paint, and a whole lot of little odds and ends, but I guess I get bored or maybe the fact that it was a 4-cyl while my fiance drove around a V8. Don't know, but that's in the past.

So I drove home my viper truck last night, didn't get on it for about 200 miles. Then I did and it was awesome!! Totally different feeling that my car, even though it is slower it doesn't feel it for whatever reason. Probably something to do with...torque. :rock:

So I'm back in Michigan now. I washed it up today, but didn't get a chance to snap some shots of it. It was definitely driven as a truck in terms of the paint wasn't too well maintained, but overall I'm extremely stoked about having it and can't wait to keep driving it. Oh, and it got 18.5 mpg on the way home going about 80-85 and having a few spurts in there. Can't complain about that!! :D
Even if it had no paint I would say you got a great deal on that trade :rock: :D :congrats:

Welcome to the forum :rock:

TheSickness said:
Welcome......................................Solstice :eek: :D Got the extra large Gerbil mod ehh :marchmellow:

That's for sure. I will miss the 30 mpg, but there's nothing like pulling to 140mph in a 5,000 lb truck. :congrats:

Oh yeah, that was included in that 18.5 mpg. ;)

4to10cyl said:
That's for sure. I will miss the 30 mpg, but there's nothing like pulling to 140mph in a 5,000 lb truck. :congrats:

Oh yeah, that was included in that 18.5 mpg. ;)
Only Red goes that fast ;) :marchmellow:

4to10cyl said:
Well my truck has identity issues then. :dontknow:
It probably has red undertones :D

Well, these are the pictures I got from the previous owner. I've got some small plans with it. 5% tint, debadge, blacked out tails and third brake light, repaint the calipers, replace factory chrome grills, and put a new head unit in it. Oh and figure out why the stock sub isn't working.

l_e4e24395553e499f9515ad5922452e25.jpg

l_ac8318d1747ae9ad0fcbf6a42870cf9c.jpg

l_71ed1791885f85d68e1b88a7c668cb55.jpg

l_4f25293e48fb998869eb39f477575f41.jpg

That is a fantastic story.:congrats: Amazing to see someone trade a SRT10 for a Solstice. They really must have had issues with the fuel consumption and couldn't hack it anymore. Anyway, their loss, your gain. Now you can take good care of her unlike the other guy. And with your gain, as a bonus, you now have a great group of characters and misfits around here (including me:hello:) to converse with regularly about anything. I am certain you will enjoy your stay. Post often and learn as much as you can. There is some incredible knowledge floating around here, you will see. Above all, :shakehands:welcome home dude.

NOW on to your plans. The stock sub is probably not working because of the amp. Most have dumped the stock stereo system entirely. But if you want to stay factory and need a sub (if that's the problem) I'm sure there are lots around here. Now where is the wing? The wing is definately functional. It's also important for that distinguished SRT-10 profile.. Then there are lowering plans that you can get with Stinker about. As for performance there are loads of things you can do. Anyone will be happy to chime in and make suggestions that will suit your budget (if you have one). But one thing is for certain, the trek will be exciting yet costly, so I hope you won't mind putting some mileage on your wallet.:D

Last edited:
congrats on the black beauty!! black is indeed the fastest color...it was proven in a nasa wind tunnel....:p .......but wheres the wing:dontknow: that thing alone shaves off .10 off of your 1/4 mile et....

TheSickness said:
Only Red goes that fast ;) :marchmellow:
I BEG TO DIFFER...LOL BUT MAYBE YOUR RIGHT ...RED ONLY DOES 140 WHILE THE REST TOP 150 ....ROTFLMAO;) :D

welcome 4to10, enjoy your stay. Now lower her, put the damn wing back on and let the modding begin:rock:
10-4:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back