A very bad day

1qksrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I guess I,ll share some personal bad news with everyone.
This past Friday,At Charlie's Dodge,A meeting was held to inform all employees that this will be the last day of employment for everyone(two stores/100 employees):confused: .Oh and by the way,you no longer have any medical benefits,But they took out the payment from our checks(W.T.F.).
Not to worry though,I was offered a position at a Chrysler dealership up the road:D .(AlthoughThe future of that store and other Chrysler stores might be in jeopardy)I have been told that Chrysler needs 5 billion by 4/1/09 to stay in business.The city that I live in(Port Saint Lucie FL.)is in extreme financial trouble.(I've been told the worst in the country).I wish all the best to everyone in this time of economic dismay.I recommend holding on to your jobs,tighten your belts and get ready for a bumpy ride.
I thought I had a bad year(08) 2009 is looking to be interesting as well.
I am not posting this to cry,But rather to enlighten everyone to the plight that is desending on us.
The funny thing is that I was more worried about not finishing my truck(go figure).:dontknow:

This story is being played out all over the country..some places worse than others.........sorry about your job loss but glad to hear you were able to secure another job....hope all works out to your advantage..

I feel for you bro. Things are not much better here. Hang in there bro and take up that offer you have. BTW that thing we talked about should be around within the next few days.

Glad that you've landed on your feet for now.....

The truck stuff is just play time..... don't be concerned....

Take care, bro.....and good luck to us all....

D

SrtBrad said:
I feel for you bro. Things are not much better here. Hang in there bro and take up that offer you have. BTW that thing we talked about should be around within the next few days.

Thanks brother,
Hang on to that T-SHIRT,it might be worth something one day(NOT):D

Sorry to hear bout that bro, all of us here are beginning to worry about the same at my dealership:confused: Glad to hear you landed something else though:rock:

Keep your chin up Mickey... Things will turn around soon enough hopefully and we can have a few more beers in your backyard bs'ing.

Take it easy bro...

Sorry to hear this Mickey. A man of your skills will always land on your feet but it is sad to see the things that are happening. Hope everything works out

Glad you still have a job. My little town had two dealerships. A Chevy dealership and a multi brand dealer (Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, GMC, Pontiac). Only the Chevy dealership remains. If GM goes under that will probably finish them as well. If I wanted to buy a new car, I don't know which way to turn. Japanese I guess. I think they're still doing OK.

Just hope MR. pentastar gits the 5 bil. .................then all the employees will be farting threw silk...........:rock: :D :rock:

Sorry toi hear this Mickey,if there is anything we can do to help just let me know.

Our local Dodge Dealer closed earlier this year. However, some of the techs banded together and formed their own Dodge repair center.

The very best of luck to you.

Mickey, you know everything will work out one way or another. You can always count on your friends to help through difficult times. All the best to you and Eva.

sorry to hear about your problems Mickey.I am right with ya brother.Been working at causeway Lumber in Bonita springs for almost 24 years.President of company showed up out of the blue and announced we are closing the Bonita location on the 27th of march !! We were down to about 40 guys total.
he says you are the best of he best and we appreciate all you have done for us over the years.O and by the way,we will not be able to offer ANY of you a severance package!!WTF you gotta be kidding me.I put half my life into the F'ing place and he cant give me anything!! I do have 3 weeks vacation coming that I will get paid for.He also says that the bank wanted him to close the place right away,so you can use the next 3 weeks that I am going to let you work as your severance pay.what a dick!!

I may end up on my feet with the main competition (Raymond Building supply)
very good friends with the guy running the truss operation and he may get me in down at their Naples office.they are hurting like everone else but there is going to be alot of customers looking for help now that causeway is closing.
Sure hope this works out.Not sure WTF I will do otherwise.Good luck in your new job Mickey.You know what they say,one door closes and another one opens.Hopefully it will be a better situation.Man this economy REALLY sucks!
Recession hell!! I am thinking Depression before too long!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back