About shipping wheels/tires?

Azmal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, any of you who have shipped your old SRT wheels/tires off, could you tell me what's involved? I've got a set of the chrome replica wheels that I'm looking to get rid of but I'm not sure where to take them to ship them off, UPS or Fedex? I dont even know where to find a big narrow box to fit them in. I guess they have to each have a seperate box too. How much did it cost to ship a set?

Thanks in advance!

No sure who's cheaper but typically costs $130-$170 to ship a set of wheels as big as ours

Stop by or phone some of your local car tire dealers. I would look to them for obtaining a box capable of shipping. As for shipping check the normal shippers but don't go to one of those UPS Stores, PakMail or Mail Box etc. Go directly to the shipper. The retailers have surcharges.

I just shipped the tires off my Viper.

I had some heavy plastic bags that I shipped them in. Fortunately, the buyer paid the bill, because UPS has an extra charge (on top of the shipping costs) if they are not in boxes.

Chuck B said:
Stop by or phone some of your local car tire dealers. I would look to them for obtaining a box capable of shipping. As for shipping check the normal shippers but don't go to one of those UPS Stores, PakMail or Mail Box etc. Go directly to the shipper. The retailers have surcharges.

Or better yet.. get yourself an account with FedEx Ground, use a American Express Card... and wa-la.. you get another 5% off the cost.

Boxes... I usually just drive to my wheel dealer and pick up empties from them... works nicely..

DHL still charges by wieght , not by size. Check their Rates:idea:

Better Pad them Very Well :2in1: Of 8 wheels sets shipped to me Not one box arrived without being Beaten To Hell :(

Our local Americas Tire store told me that they return about 40% of thier orders due to Damaged in Shipping regardles of Shipping Co.

Ups store will box em up and ship them no problem.Might charge you out the
pucker shoot to do it though.

wont grow old said:
Ups store will box em up and ship them no problem.Might charge you out the
pucker shoot to do it though.
Sorry, but UPS SUXXXXXX. I ordered 4 wheels and it took at least an extra week for one of them to never show up. The vendor had to re-order and reship the last one. How the hell do you lose a wheel anyway? :dontknow:

That is just one of my many UPS sucks stories .......... I will spare you all the rest of them, I think you get the idea.:dontknow: :dontknow:

The boxes are never in good shape with UPS either. I don't know what is worng with them, but I think they invest more in their racing team than their business and customer service :eek:

i just shipped out 2 eagle alloys mounted on M&H tires, went to uhaul and bought 2 moxes then modified em with lots of tape and shipped fedex.

I shipped my wheels and tires. Use cardboard cut round about 24" in diameter. Then I put bubble wrap over the wheel, then the cardboard over the bubble wrap, then used shrink wrap aorund the entire tire. Total packing costs of about $25.

DHL ground was the cheapest carrier I found @ $35 a wheel.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back