ABS and Brake light

Jfireboy1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wanted to know if anyone has had this issue with their abs and brake light coming on. My brake light has been on for quite some time and when it first illuminated I had a computer hooked up and said it was my left front sensor. I bought an new oem sensor from the dealer and it didn't resolve the issue. I looked at all my connections and didn't find or see anything so I just figured I'd get around to it one day as the brakes still worked fine. Well recently I noticed that my rt front brake caliper started getting stuck and would cause my rotor to heat up quite good. It was periodical cause there were days where it wouldn't get stuck but then all of a sudden it would and heat the rotor up again. Well now my abs light illuminated and stayed on along with the already illuminated brake... And now seems my hub or both hubs have gone bad. I'm thinking that my rotors got so heated that the heat transferred to the hub bearings and sensors causing this issue. Any thoughts? Thanks

I would say the hub bearings ran out of grease. the sloppyness of the bearing tossed your brake light and the over heating of the rotor cooked the abs sensor. You have some parts to replace. Change out the calipers as well they shoulldn't stick . I wouldn't trust them. Have a great day!!!

I would say the hub bearings ran out of grease. the sloppyness of the bearing tossed your brake light and the over heating of the rotor cooked the abs sensor. You have some parts to replace. Change out the calipers as well they shoulldn't stick . I wouldn't trust them. Have a great day!!!

I agree with most of this, but I would rebuild the calipers. You can still get the kits from vendors here or from your local dealer.

Yeah... I'm hoping that's what it is. Already ordered calipers painted burnt orange from tony along with his new cryoed slotted rotors and wildwood brake fluid. Also ordered new hubs from timken. Thanks

Anyone have or know the part number for the lower ball joint? Is there a better replacement than the oem ones? The rubber boots are totally disintegrated. Thanks

Anyone have or know the part number for the lower ball joint? Is there a better replacement than the oem ones? The rubber boots are totally disintegrated. Thanks

I don't have the part number but get Moogs

Tsb still valid on 06 front wheel bearings..If they are origional to the truck ma mopar will foot the bill...06 only guys!!!

Tsb still valid on 06 front wheel bearings..If they are origional to the truck ma mopar will foot the bill...06 only guys!!!

Yes, only if it has the recall. I can't recall the code, H02 maybe. If you know someone that works at a Chrysler dealer they can run the last 8 characters of the vin through Chrysler's system and let you know.

Yes, only if it has the recall. I can't recall the code, H02 maybe. If you know someone that works at a Chrysler dealer they can run the last 8 characters of the vin through Chrysler's system and let you know.

Appreciate it but I already ordered the timken hubs and would rather do the work my self since I have all the other stuff coming in to do my brakes.

Appreciate it but I already ordered the timken hubs and would rather do the work my self since I have all the other stuff coming in to do my brakes.

I can't argue with that, I too prefer doing my own work because at least you know it's done correct.

Eh moogs have gone downhill big time in the last few years.

I got raybestoes instead.

They still have a lifetime warranty and I have never had an issue with a Moog part. I stand by my recommendation.

From my understanding , pretty simple.

They are simple to rebuild. Getting good pistons seems hard through Chrysler being they are phenolic and not packaged. Basically sit in a bin somewhere stacked atop each other. Therefore, I often will have to send them back until I get 8 good pistons. PIA no doubt

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back