AC doesnt work on passenger side!

nycstev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the right direction ? AC comes out of driver side but the air coming out the passenger side is just ambient temp. When the lever is pushed to hot it comes out hot but when the lever is in the cold position its just room temperature... ONLY ON PASSENGER SIDE WHERE SITS SO I HAVE TO HEAR HER COMPLAIN!!:mad: :mad:

Last edited:
nycstev said:
Can anyone point me in the right direction ? AC comes out of driver side but the air coming out the passenger side is just ambient temp. When the lever is pushed to hot it comes out hot but when the lever is in the cold position its just room temperature... ONLY ON PASSENGER SIDE WHERE SITS SO I HAVE TO HEAR HER COMPLAIN!!:mad: :mad:
there is a flap under there steve, dont remember exactly where, but from what I am told a bitch to get to , better dealer that one bud;) I think its near the blower fan area

Stinker Is Right, There Is A Blend Door, That Gets Stuck Or Breaks!!!! Ive Seen Rodents In There, Leaves, Foam Insulation, That Can Block It.

I have same problem... Have to go to dealer? Mine is on my 04 hemi ram. Freezing cold on drivers side, tempered air on passengers side.

I thought there was something posted awhile ago about the freon being low and the way the system is a loop or something, the passenger is the first side to get warm :dontknow:

Steve its the switch my 3500 did the same thing I have a extra one if u need it just call me up

I had this same problem in my 04 Diesel. I had one of our techs here check the level of freon and it only had .34 kg i believe and it was supposed to be at .85 kg . He evact the system and recharged it and now its blowing so cold it freezes me out. My freon was low due to a leak out the front of the compressor behind the clutch. The compressor is a common problem on the rams. Another cause of different temps on the driver and passenger side is the mode door which is located just below the radio in the dash. The door breaks and no longer moves.

The door you guys are refering to is the recirculation door (recerc housing) which is now serviced as a whole housing. This door typically cause a lack of air flow and will cause it not to blow very hard.

dragon said:
I had this same problem in my 04 Diesel. I had one of our techs here check the level of freon and it only had .34 kg i believe and it was supposed to be at .85 kg . He evact the system and recharged it and now its blowing so cold it freezes me out. My freon was low due to a leak out the front of the compressor behind the clutch. The compressor is a common problem on the rams. Another cause of different temps on the driver and passenger side is the mode door which is located just below the radio in the dash. The door breaks and no longer moves.

The door you guys are refering to is the recirculation door (recerc housing) which is now serviced as a whole housing. This door typically cause a lack of air flow and will cause it not to blow very hard.

I had my freon recharged when I got my new compressor from Dragon :rock:. I am having the same issue Steve is. Cold on one side, cool to room temp air on the passenger side. Had the issue before the compressor was changed so thats not it.

What switch are you talking about Paul? Got another extra? Mine is not under warranty.

Thanks to all for your expertise!!:rock: :rock: I will get the freon checked anyway just for the hell of it and then I will try the switch.!!:rock:

My grand cherokee is doing the same shit right now:mad: ... My brother in law is a mechanic and told me it is a real pain in the ass to fix, and not cheap...Maybe I should just threaten him to fix it for free or get an ass beating...:D :D Wife probably would not approve though being it's her brother:dontknow: :dontknow:

Check the freon level first. If that's not it, there was a technical service bulletin on the blend door.

blackviper said:
Check the freon level first. If that's not it, there was a technical service bulletin on the blend door.

+1.

The air hits the driver side of the evaporator first so it is colder than the passenger side. But, there is a TSB out about improperly adjusted doors, too. So, it could be either or both.

Mine was Freon. Even though it spec'd tech added just a bit more and it worked fine. Keep your hand over passenger side and get the truck up highway speeds then coast. Minewould go from warm back to cold when coasting/high vacuum.

OK for those who have been following this intense story:D I finally had the freon checked today. It was low but they could not determine how much:confused: . In any event a recharge seems to have solved the problem so barring of course any leaks it should be fine. :rock: :rock: Time will tell.:)

nycstev said:
OK for those who have been following this intense story:D I finally had the freon checked today. It was low but they could not determine how much:confused: . In any event a recharge seems to have solved the problem so barring of course any leaks it should be fine. :rock: :rock: Time will tell.:)
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Good... I can sleep again... ;)

Just not in my truck, on a hot night, on the passenger side... :D

:rock: Glad it worked out for you

Mine does the same thing....
But i think it might be a door on mine ...
When i start my truck and turn on the AC i hear a load "SHUNK" noise from the passerger side.
Just been to lazy to go down and get it fixed lol :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back