AC doesnt work on passenger side!

I am not having the problem but was at the dealer today for another matter, seeing if they had any new hats.... :)

I asked the service manager if there was any truth to the "Blend Door" problem reported or was it a Freon Recharge problem

His answer was "YES" and "YES".

First attempt to fix is to Recharge the system so that it is putting out max cold. Hopefully this will get the air so cold that the customer does not continue to complain. The second option is a complicated and expensive fix as the dash has to be pulled in order to get to the blend door.

Second: There does seem to be a problem with the blend door. It appears that as reported earlier in this thread that the door can become damaged very easy. The repair is not easy and is expensive. If you still have a warranty, make sure you have this checked before it runs out.

I was told "Under the Table" that the best way to avoid a Jam of the blend door was make adjustment to the temp slide bars without the fan being on. Why this should make a difference I don't know but that was what I was told. Some of the more experienced individuals here may have a logical reason but for now I am going to do as advised.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back