AC issues

Is our SRT-10 AC the same as a 5.7? If so the PCM turns it on and off
What would stop that from happening? A dodgy coolant sensor? Or crappy connection in PCM plug?

Either of those could cause an issue.
Does the system need a recharge?
I have sent it in to a Auto Electrical shop that do AC. According to the tech, the system is charged and the compressor is fine. But for some reason he believes the PCM is shutting it off and won't turn it back on.
I have just sent him a workshop manual and he would like a wiring diagram if I can find one.
I do have VCM Suite in my laptop as that has my tunes in it. Do you think that he may be able to to see and do a lot more ....maybe?
I have not been game enough to play on there in case I f...um break it.
I also read a post from another kiwisrt10 who had water damage in the PCM plug. Maybe something to look at too

Hard to troubleshoot electrical (for me), particularly without a hands-on vehicle (yours) nearby.

Best of luck with it.

I never was an A/C Guru...

ECUs are often programmed to shutdown A/C at wide-open-throttle. 'maybe another possibility (to check the TPS and circuit)

Last edited:
Possibly just by pass the ECM and make it a direct connection to the on A/C on off button . Old fashion way !

He's gone now. Thanks Jeff!
I now return this thread to Kiwi SRT10!

good luck with your A/C fix. Let us know what works out :cool:

That is my preferred option too
Would be nice and easier IMO to fix some things and work on . Isolating into seperate systems ! Let us know how it turns out if you do it ,, hell of a lot cheaper then having to replace a screwy ECM .

Everything on the AC has tested out fine, seems the PCM is at fault. Not sure why or whether it is crook connection in the PCM itself. But AC man is away for a week or so. I am going to have a look on the laptop through VCM Suite to see if I can see anything or not. Not doing anything today, just too tired. Tomorrow I am driving Ford Model T Railcar for the Pleasant Point Railway. The only one running in the world. Just had a guy from the UK came here just because we have this. He has seen the one in the UK it is a static display now and has also seen the one in the US which has fallen into disrepair. Here is our one.
.20220116_102238.jpg

Everything on the AC has tested out fine, seems the PCM is at fault. Not sure why or whether it is crook connection in the PCM itself. But AC man is away for a week or so. I am going to have a look on the laptop through VCM Suite to see if I can see anything or not. Not doing anything today, just too tired. Tomorrow I am driving Ford Model T Railcar for the Pleasant Point Railway. The only one running in the world. Just had a guy from the UK came here just because we have this. He has seen the one in the UK it is a static display now and has also seen the one in the US which has fallen into disrepair. Here is our one.
.View attachment 65412
Good luck with the AC! Good you know what's causing it. I think it's good anyways lol

OOOOHHHH!!! A beautiful specimen! Thank you for sharing that. Hoping you will post some pics of your day tomorrow! That looks like it's going to be lots of fun :D:cool:

This is a Youtube video some random guy did in 2019. Our scottish driver is Les, a top bloke

This is a Youtube video some random guy did in 2019. Our scottish driver is Les, a top bloke
Very cool! I've never seen this. The train is beautiful and the museum is something worth visiting if given the chance. :cool:

.View attachment 65412
Hey you got a Hemi :D

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back