advise on a 04' SRT

sound of turbo

Reaction score
i have few questions for you.

i can have a 04'SRT10 in france. positiv point it is next to my home. papers are done.
so i've test it! it was my first test of a SRT. and of course i have not a good knowledge of the SRT bahavior...
the gear box run correctly, motors has an irregular down rpm like a good american V8 ( :D ) and it runs good to hight rpm.

can you give me some advises to make a good choice please? what i must pay attention?

thx for your answer

the motor should be fairly smooth being a v10 not so irregular unless he has a heavy cam in it..

You should be able to get some tire spin when shifting from 1 to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd...

Should be easy to go into reverse,

Check the crank and see if the Puly is loose thats a big problem on the 04

thank you! i'll check that in a first time.

burn tires on 1st to 2nd & other gears was not a problem.

the engine seems to be stock... & owner said that.

Last edited:
i've forget a point & not the minus...

this truck has 54000miles. And i would like to put a S/C on my futur SRT. but in the first time i would not change internals. and i see on a ROE S/C when Sean and is team re-start the product of it.

do you think it will be dangerous to tune a block with more than 54000miles? (for street use only)

If you put a SC on a stock motor, it will eventually blow.

How long before it does blow??????????? who knows

A ROE blower with a conservative/safe tune should last, but it's a gamble.

Oh yes it s a gamble.... and i 'm not a "no fear" player.!!! LOL

that's why :
if i take this one => it has french paper, i could have it when i want. BUT it's a 04 one and i would have a 05. it has a lots of miles for what i want to do with it. So i must put the forged internals cost in my reflexion. i don't know the history of this vehicle. the cost seems similar as an import with french taxes, UTAC and DRIRE evaluations, ...

if i order directly in US => Can have a 05 with fewer miles for the same price. BUT i must have an enormous confidence for the firm which search and export the truck. not sure at 100% to have french paper. we can not know the real history of the vehicle. we can have the carfax - ok - but can one rely on this document?

arffff i don't know what i'll do, but i must take a decision... :(

It sounds better to buy the one near to you. It is not a matter of how may miles are on it already if you SC it. It is a matter of how many miles you put on it after it is SC'd. Unless you want the hassle of imprting one, buy the local truck. Also, to test the clutch, put it in 5th gear in low RPM's and floor it. See if the clutch slips.

can't really trust carfax either, tooloe had a car fax on his, carfax said it was in for service...it was really in for a new engine. every other thing on the carfax had a detailed discription of what the truck was in service for other than the one where the engine was put in it

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back