AEM UEGO Install Help Needed

Srt10ram

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just received my AEM UEGO A/F meter and dual pillar pod today.
Wanting to know where I can connect the the + & - wires to that's near the driver side A Pillar....

Thanks

Damn... nobody's installed one of these themself?

I just installed my air fuel gauge and i just taped into the wires that go to your stock oil temp gauge for the + and -.

I used the headlight switch to tap into for my Trans temp gauge. There was a power wire i needed for power then also tapped into the other wire to turn the gauge light on and off when the headlights go on and off

I have a "stab" tester and found a power wire with key on and power off with key off for the power wire and same thing for ground.

Finally got it installed yesterday. I just tapped into the factory oil temp wires.
Did a couple 3/4 gear runs to check the a/f. It's between 10.7-11.1 from 2.8k-6k.
Seems about normal, just a little rich cause I'm running a stock tune....

Tune from Torrie & JTSVP TB coming up in about 2 weeks:rock:

Finally got it installed yesterday. I just tapped into the factory oil temp wires.
Did a couple 3/4 gear runs to check the a/f. It's between 10.7-11.1 from 2.8k-6k.
Seems about normal, just a little rich cause I'm running a stock tune....

Tune from Torrie & JTSVP TB coming up in about 2 weeks:rock:

Smart move on your part:rock:

The more members that install these will see the performance robbing rich tunes even with the stock tune. I saw a similar result.

The tune(s) in the SCT you will receive will also be safe rich. Even when adding a B&B exhaust, K&N, Demon coils and BBK, my "as received" 91 tune was still under 11:1 at WOT / 5,500 rpm. This tune slowed me down at the track by .2

This is smart by the OEM and Torrie. The inefficient combustion chamber could detonate if it's too lean.

I was able to work with Torrie to dial in my tune. I used the "on road" dyno method and reported the data to Torrie. He was able to revise my tune to a performance safe 12:7-1!!

Please share your results when you get your SCT tune loaded.

Cheers!

Smart move on your part:rock:

The more members that install these will see the performance robbing rich tunes even with the stock tune. I saw a similar result.

The tune(s) in the SCT you will receive will also be safe rich. Even when adding a B&B exhaust, K&N, Demon coils and BBK, my "as received" 91 tune was still under 11:1 at WOT / 5,500 rpm. This tune slowed me down at the track by .2

This is smart by the OEM and Torrie. The inefficient combustion chamber could detonate if it's too lean.

I was able to work with Torrie to dial in my tune. I used the "on road" dyno method and reported the data to Torrie. He was able to revise my tune to a performance safe 12:7-1!!

Please share your results when you get your SCT tune loaded.

Cheers!

So basically it would be possible for me to get a blank SCT Tuner, do a few 3rd or 4th gear pulls
while recording the a/f & rpms (since our SCT tuners don't have a datalog feature), then email him the data, and then have an optimized tune made?

12.5 at WOT is perfect A/F,I wouldnt run it any higher,would talk with tuner to get his advise if its higher then that.

To be fair, my "tuner" was Torrie. I went back and reviewed my notes. Torrie actually dialed my mapping in at 12.5:1 :rock:

So basically it would be possible for me to get a blank SCT Tuner, do a few 3rd or 4th gear pulls
while recording the a/f & rpms (since our SCT tuners don't have a datalog feature), then email him the data, and then have an optimized tune made?

I would not get a "Blank" SCT. Have it loaded with Torrie's best match to your mods. It will be a safe baseline drop in to run your testing with.

Find a safe stretch of road to do 4th. gear pulls from 2,000 rpm. Record air temp, barometer, humidity, elevation and thoroughly warm engine. Take a friend to record your A/F read outs every 1,000 rpm.

I did this three mornings (pre sunrise) in a row last Memorial Day weekend (I wanted consistant conditions and in AZ, which is easy). I then emailed my info to Torrie and he revised my mapping promptly. It only took three revisions and it's right on.

Torrie is excellent for working with you on something like this and you will be very happy and suprised.

Cheers!

To be fair, my "tuner" was Torrie. I went back and reviewed my notes. Torrie actually dialed my mapping in at 12.5:1 :rock:

I would not get a "Blank" SCT. Have it loaded with Torrie's best match to your mods. It will be a safe baseline drop in to run your testing with.

Find a safe stretch of road to do 4th. gear pulls from 2,000 rpm. Record air temp, barometer, humidity, elevation and thoroughly warm engine. Take a friend to record your A/F read outs every 1,000 rpm.

I did this three mornings (pre sunrise) in a row last Memorial Day weekend (I wanted consistant conditions and in AZ, which is easy). I then emailed my info to Torrie and he revised my mapping promptly. It only took three revisions and it's right on.

Torrie is excellent for working with you on something like this and you will be very happy and suprised.

Cheers!

Thanks man, sounds great, should be done by late may early june, I post up some results...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back