After some Shackles and a little secret

phunny said:
I just ordered a set of of stinker :)
:rock: :rock: :rock: Just to let you know it's a pain in the ass especially if your gonna do it by yourself....but after you install them run down to lowes to get some sand bags.

05QCSRT10 said:
:rock: :rock: :rock: Just to let you know it's a pain in the ass especially if your gonna do it by yourself....but after you install them run down to lowes to get some sand bags.
you sat there and watched viperpunk install them how is that a pain in the ass?;)

GADodgetech said:
Gonna need a buffer too ;)

It's funny you all are talking about this. I have all that sitting in my house now, including a new buffer. Just gotta do it.

05QCSRT10 said:
they are only a pain in the ass if you try to do them while you are at the car wash rinsing off your truck:D

Yeah, mine went on pretty easy. Just do what Stinker told me to do. Leave them lose and add weight to the back of the truck to get it as low as possible, then tighten. Also add Energy Suspension lube to the bushings so that they don't squeak later on.

I haven't tried the sand bad thing, but I do remember once seeing a huge water bladder thing that they sold for trucks to get traction. It laid across the entire bed and filled with water to add weight. I saw it on TRUCKS! back when Stacey David still hosted it.

If you don't want to buy sand bags just take a garbage can and place it in the bed. Then fill it with water.

NorCal SRT-10 said:
Yeah, mine went on pretty easy. Just do what Stinker told me to do. Leave them lose and add weight to the back of the truck to get it as low as possible, then tighten. Also add Energy Suspension lube to the bushings so that they don't squeak later on.

I haven't tried the sand bad thing, but I do remember once seeing a huge water bladder thing that they sold for trucks to get traction. It laid across the entire bed and filled with water to add weight. I saw it on TRUCKS! back when Stacey David still hosted it.

That's cool, do you remember how much weight it added? Or how much $$ it was?

NorCal SRT-10 said:

Its called "ShurTrax" and it adds 400LBS,I have one,I paid $150 for it two winters ago.
http://www.shurtrax.com/

GADodgetech said:
Fine by me, all hunned and fitty pounds of me. Just make sure the tool box is loaded up with some beer ;)

:laugh: 150lbs my ass more like 280:p :D :D :D

BTW I don't have a toolbox on that truck.....you're just gonna have to hold all them.

05QCSRT10 said:

BTW I don't have a toolbox on that truck.....you're just gonna have to hold all them.
Thats dom your thinkin of there sweety;) And holdin em wont be a problem :rock:

05QCSRT10 said:

Wait a minute..........you're not of legal age to drink any alcoholic beverages young man....I'll bring you some water tho:p :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back