ahhhhhh dropped push rod into the engine

THEWELSHM

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I'm down to reinstalling rods and rockers and I mistakenly dropped the push rod on number 10 inlet between the gasket and the block, I can see it with the remote camera and bought a bunch o magnetic tool. No luck yet, it's probably head back off deal, unless someone has a retrieval trick, any help would be appreciated.

thewelshm

So I'm down to reinstalling rods and rockers and I mistakenly dropped the push rod on number 10 inlet between the gasket and the block, I can see it with the remote camera and bought a bunch o magnetic tool. No luck yet, it's probably head back off deal, unless someone has a retrieval trick, any help would be appreciated.

thewelshm
Sorry I am no help. But I am sure if you give a big rev it will spit it out

thewelshm

I can't picture where your wayward pushrod is right now.

The lifters are under the heads and there isn't room for much else, certainly not a pushrod.

Anyway, confusion aside, those "flexible steel-claw grip tools" have been known to retrieve runaway parts.

They are also great for removing those hard to reach nose-hairs.

Good Luck

Last edited:
Push rod was wedged pretty good, pulled the head new gaskets on the way. Back to work on it next week.

thewelshm

Attachments

• truckhead.zip
    803.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 20230904_142506[1].jpg
    20230904_142506[1].jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 20230904_142510[1].jpg
    20230904_142510[1].jpg
    398.9 KB · Views: 10
Push rod was wedged pretty good, pulled the head new gaskets on the way. Back to work on it next week.

thewelshm
Good luck! It usually goes faster and better the second time around :eek:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back