Air Intake {2005}

I also have a K&N cold air intake in my truck. I have no complaints.

My buddy calls them warm air intakes lol he says they pull warm air off the motor the stock box pulls fresh air from the fender .... oh well the k&n gave my truck a more aggressive tone over stock and looks nice under there so I'll roll with it

My buddy calls them warm air intakes lol he says they pull warm air off the motor the stock box pulls fresh air from the fender .... oh well the k&n gave my truck a more aggressive tone over stock and looks nice under there so I'll roll with it

Yeah.... you will roll with it until you encounter a similarly prepped truck with the Stock airbox intake & drop in K&N. Right then you will realize that the noise and looks from the aftermarket CAI did not improve power as you watch the truck gradually pull away from you because your engine is sucking in warm air over 104 deg. and your timing is being pulled.

:D

If your still looking for an intake I think I have a K&N in the gerage ic your interested...let me know I'll pull it out and send you some pics

Yeah.... you will roll with it until you encounter a similarly prepped truck with the Stock airbox intake & drop in K&N. Right then you will realize that the noise and looks from the aftermarket CAI did not improve power as you watch the truck gradually pull away from you because your engine is sucking in warm air over 104 deg. and your timing is being pulled.

:D
Haven't seen one like mine ever in California not even a qaud cab too many prius driving liberals lol. I agree stock box has to pull a little cooler air but if its 104 degrees outside its still pulling 104 degree air from stock box or k&n not like the stock box has a air cooler in it lol. So ill go with looks and sound and from my research k&n has shown hp increase probably not enough to be noticeable

You'll notice the benefits of CAI's during fall/winter when it is colder outside. During spring and summer, in my opinion, they rob power. I just took my K & N CAI off and put the stock unit with a K & N filter back in.

Since we dont have a typical MAF setup we wont notice big gains with CAI's anyway.

You'll notice the benefits of CAI's during fall/winter when it is colder outside. During spring and summer, in my opinion, they rob power. I just took my K & N CAI off and put the stock unit with a K & N filter back in.

Since we dont have a typical MAF setup we wont notice big gains with CAI's anyway.

A little mist of water / meth will cure all that ;)

Back