Airbag cover removal

1fast10

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a Viper emblem from the steering wheel. Can anyone post up how to removel the airbag and get to the emblem from the backside and take the clips off. I dont wanna rip the steering wheel cover or damage the horn. Thanks in adavnce.

the bottom of the oem emblem just has balls on it:D '

if you carefully pry upwards it will pop off, I have done a couple , and the horn area is rubbery so it shouldnt hurt anything.

not sure where to get them v man, I got some off old gen II center caps, I think I have a couple left but they have the sneaky pete on them

good question...........kind of a ............aluminum cast is what they feel like.

I jsut found them, let me spiff it up a bit and will post up a pic

I would like to call 'dibs' on one of these... sorry for the thread jack.

Steve Holden made some====SLH motorsports ---a vendor here

Last edited:
IMG_0099.jpg

here ya go , sorry its sideways , but I cant tell the differenc in up and down:p

Tony, you should make fangs ones for the steering wheel. I have a feeling alot of people will buy them from you.

Yes Tony ---ones with Fangs them like the one above,,, and I'm on the list...

if we did, it would prob be a flat emblem with the pete or the fangs engraved on it, this one is a mold type, but I got to call them anyway, havent gotten my underhood caps yet:confused: plus I got to see about some sneaky pete center caps and uhum a few other things:itsme:

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
if we did, it would prob be a flat emblem with the pete or the fangs engraved on it, this one is a mold type, but I got to call them anyway, havent gotten my underhood caps yet:confused: plus I got to see about some sneaky pete center caps and uhum a few other things:itsme:
That would be great!! Lets do it if you can.

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
IMG_0099.jpg

here ya go , sorry its sideways , but I cant tell the differenc in up and down:p

I need that little bugger for my CE...Feel free to drop her in the box along with my license plate flipper.:D :D :D :p

1fast10 said:
Got a Viper emblem from the steering wheel. Can anyone post up how to removel the airbag and get to the emblem from the backside and take the clips off. I dont wanna rip the steering wheel cover or damage the horn. Thanks in adavnce.

hey guys I already removed the complete airbag to try and access the clips from the back. On alot of other cars you can usually unbolt the airbag assembly from the cover but on our truck the air bag is clipped on there and removing the airbag would let it unfold which is not a good idea. Just use a screw driver to lift the badge off carefully and then use a thin set of wire cutters and cut all 3 "plastic posts"

becareul not to pry too hard as the airbag cover can rip

oh and tony i want one of those, can you get me that one in yellow?

Yall are welcome for starting the thread!! no but seriously someone walk me through the steps to take the cover off so I can atleast extract the clips once I get the emblem off. I'd hate for one to implant in my face or eye when the airbag deploys.

FerrariTruck said:
hey guys I already removed the complete airbag to try and access the clips from the back. On alot of other cars you can usually unbolt the airbag assembly from the cover but on our truck the air bag is clipped on there and removing the airbag would let it unfold which is not a good idea. Just use a screw driver to lift the badge off carefully and then use a thin set of wire cutters and cut all 3 "plastic posts"

becareul not to pry too hard as the airbag cover can rip

oh and tony i want one of those, can you get me that one in yellow?
I think this is the answer you are looking for.

Back