Alarm outputs and factory Fob

VIPER BAZ UK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there a spare output on the OE alarm that i can use as a trigger to open the solenoid on the tonneau cover?

original remote was lost by previous owner and Snugtop no longer supply them

How are you all opening yours ?

Baz

Can you run the wire from the cover to one of the door latches? Might be worth a shot, I would worry about how much additional load it would put on the circuit.

VENOMOUS1 wired my tail gate lock to my door locks. When I open my doors the tail gate lock is also unlocked and when I lock my truck you can hear the tail gate lock. Should be the same on the lock on the cover. :rock:

Sorry.. I mean the truck has a solenoid fitted to the cover and when you press a remote (missing) it pops up to save using the key to unlock and lift.

Would like to wire this into the factory alarm so if I press the key fob twice it pops the cover..

Sorry.. I mean the truck has a solenoid fitted to the cover and when you press a remote (missing) it pops up to save using the key to unlock and lift.

Would like to wire this into the factory alarm so if I press the key fob twice it pops the cover..

Like said, run the wires to your door lock actuator wiring and you'll be golden.

Would that not then open the cover every time i open the truck doors?

I see what you mean, it's not actually a lock, it's a solenoid that opens the cover. That makes it a little more complicated.

That's correct yes... unlocks the cover and pops its up about 2"s ... On the Gen l Vipers there is a spare secondary output so when you double press the alarm fob it pops the door open first press turns the alarm off..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back