ALI has had it.

bigike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK guys Ali my wife (24/7 WOT) has had it with the truck and most notably the transmission. I guess she can only look at the disgrace and digust on her loves face so many times.

She want's me to get it done and get it done right. Then build the engine.

Now the problem. This transmission is a 48RE but it isn't a SRT spec 48RE. It has weaker (see much weaker) parts and I don't think that building this transmission would be worth it. I think Dusty could build this one to last but I want a strong starting point................not this turd.

So should i call jasper and offer them a trade. This warranted box of shit for a core out of a SRT. Then send the core to our boy and have him do it to it? Or should I have them send Dusty the replacement and have him work the rebuilt tranny?

Boy do I look stupid.................. my wife, my dad .............. everyone that matters said stay away from it. I said hey y'all it's got an upgraded tranny with a warranty no problems here.............. I've never regretted dropping 45 g's on the Magnum or 42 Gs on the Red truck.................. Ok done bitching. :D

Brain Trust UNITE. Tell me the difference between the SRT spec tranny and the normal 48RE. One I think is the 6 pinion billet planetaries............. i think there are others too.:burnout:

WOW, I didn't know there was a difference. But then again, I have an RC with the 6-speed.

Bill.

Enjoy the process... Tell everyone else to be patient and that much of the fun is in the doing........ It's a labor of love.

D

bigike said:
I really don't know either...................

D, I know I'll love it when it's done! :)

Bro, nothing in this arena is ever "done done".....

We either run it hard 'til it (once again) breaks or we find a new mod.....

Tell Ali that "cock and bullshit" story about being "done"... I know better, amigo...;)

D

Done meaning I can drive it more than a week before it breaks again. If it had a decent tranny or a stock one i would be driving right now
;)

That's the one i've got, they are working on a fix, I just don't have the time to wait for them to fix it.

But if i build a new one i want a good starting block, not this thing.

I'm trying to call the rep right now. Figure something out.

cant you just put a different trans in?

th400
or turbo

I can, but see the amount of money I paid I kind of expect to not have to.

I always knew i was going to build the engine. Just thought that on a low HP tune 550-575 HP that the engine would last and the tranny would hold together also..............

I tried to call Jasper they must be busy left a message. Asked them for a SRT core and some money as they sold a product that is faulty.

So I've got a truck, a pretty truck, that fills the catch cans with water, smokes like mad out of the breathers, has paint chips and cigarette burns in the headlinner (smokers car, first thing my dad told me LOL I said no i don't think it was smoked in, he goes yep you can smell it then points out the burn in the pass side headliner :) ), and a bad tranny..................

To say I'm disappointed would be the understatement of the century.

The engine is tight though 2% leak down. :rock:

Jasper called, said they didn't have a problem with me and they want me to take it in and have it replaced. So they can find out whats going wrong and fix it.....

I'm going to put this to Ali, she makes better discions than do I. So it'll be up to her to replace it or have one built.

Yeah brian thats never been the problem. They always want to swap it............ I just don't want to keep doing that. They are good people and honorable.

Cant stop I'm on a roll, it's either complain here or cry in the real world................................

polaris 850 and 550 tomorrow they will fill the void.

Well AAA will pick it up tomorrow. I'll get a new tranny installed. I'm going to ask them to install a shift kit in this one. It will give me time to follow up on other options.

bigike said:
Well AAA will pick it up tomorrow. I'll get a new tranny installed. I'm going to ask them to install a shift kit in this one. It will give me time to follow up on other options.

Can you get them to install all the stuff Dusty recomends??

Joe thats a great Idea................. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!

I don't know if Dusty would go for that. But the 4.2 lever servo blocker would be great. did wonders in my truck....... And they could put a shift kit in it. Might solve some problems. Maybe get the patc solenoid.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back