all forward gears no reverse

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctsrt10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i had just gonna off the ship and talking to jim tete when i was on my way home from the performance shop from havin the reboosted and tunes and what not i was travelin is 6 gear doin around 75-80 when i felt the truck acting funny felt like a misfire and i hear a boom that sounded like the clutch exploded, i pulled over look under and around nothing put the truck into all the gear and did a pull on all of them they all tested fine and moved the truck. so i got the truck home only to put in reverse and i get nothing the truck will go foward no problem just no reverse. any ideas what happened or what goin on. it was real dark out when i got back and im working now. but i would like some pointers of where to look. i did check fuild and it seemed ok but ill take some out and see if there metal in there

does it feel like it goes into reverse???
thinkin the reverse lock out might not be workin

no reverse lights come on goes in fully let the clutch out and i hear growling away

sounds like something inside her:( :(

Sound like the reverse gear bit the dust. Probably best to drain all the fluid and check for metal.. If you get a small magnet you can stick it in the drain port and go fishing..

if you go into the diy you can see the thread i posted about tearing the t56 down. not hard at all especially since reverse is at the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back