Almost ready for Texas!

Ya, I'm going to have to find a car wash around there then wax her in the hotel parking lot.

Ya, I'm going to have to find a car wash around there then wax her in the hotel parking lot.

We'll do that. Be cool pic if we get a group of Viper trucks in each wash bay! :drool:
Mine will need a rubdown as well after an hour and half ride up.

Ya, I'm hoping the 23+hour ride down doesn't hurt mine to much.

Heck, I have had mine 2 years now and put 70,000 miles on it. I still drive it round trip 800 miles once a month so drive it and don't worry---enjoy. :D:D

Oh, I'm not so worried about the truck itself, it's the paint from all the bugs I'll be killing on the drive down. It's probably going to take a good scrubbing to get her clean.

Oh, I'm not so worried about the truck itself, it's the paint from all the bugs I'll be killing on the drive down. It's probably going to take a good scrubbing to get her clean.

The bugs come off but the road pecks do not. I got a bottle of MOPAR paint and touch up my front end at least once a week. Sure, on really close inspection one can see it but from a few feet away is looks just fine. GLW the road trip.

Thanks. I'm leaving NY early Thursday and plan on getting to Dallas Friday afternoon-ish.
Looks like an easy trip.

Thanks. I'm leaving NY early Thursday and plan on getting to Dallas Friday afternoon-ish.
Looks like an easy trip.

Honestly. I'd go ahead and wax the front end and it'll clean off easy once you arrive. Also heard of folks spraying different things like cooking spray, WD-40 and all kinds of backwoods remedies for bugs that do work. Haha

You can spray Plasti Dip on the parts that are mostly effected and peel it off, once you have arrived.
Not cheap, but cheaper than a paint Job....:D

The bimmer guys around here use that blue painters tape.. It looks goofy but it works

Last edited:
Saw a couple of trucks and trailers with DODGE and SRT on them outside the hotel across from my office building this morning when I pulled into work. :burnout:

Now it's up to Motley Crue to show up and get this party started.

Saw a couple of trucks and trailers with DODGE and SRT on them outside the hotel across from my office building this morning when I pulled into work. :burnout:

Now it's up to Motley Crue to show up and get this party started.

You gonna make it bud?

Less than 500 miles into trip and got my first speeding ticket!
FU Ohio! 81 in a 70 and I was with the flow.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back