ALMOST

I guess the first step is to do the math on my own and see if the overhead is off

My overhead is within half a MPG of what I get with my truck. I average 15MPG+ on every tank. What kind of driving do you do?

I guess mostly city, I rarely drive more than 20-30 miles at a time. I mostly drive it to my parents house for free dinner or to wash my truck lol. My parents house is about 20 miles from mine and its half city and half highway.

I guess mostly city, I rarely drive more than 20-30 miles at a time. I mostly drive it to my parents house for free dinner or to wash my truck lol. My parents house is about 20 miles from mine and its half city and half highway.
Sounds like you do a LOT of sitting still and idling.

The longest trip was from portland to seattle, I reset the overhead and it never read over ten mpg, and that was all highway in fifth and six gear

A good little truck for daily commute would be a GMC Typhoon. You would really need to find one that hasn't been modded yet. I live in TX where it doesnt snow very often. The few times it did the Typhoon is my go to truck to get from place to place.
The AWD makes it practical in the averse weather and the turbo makes it fun and the 700r4 will get you between 16-19mpg. Or if you have the $$ find the Syclone.
You've already got two limited production trucks, might as well add one more. I did.

I do like the blazer SS, and have always been a chevy guy at heart. Dont tell anyone. It just didnt seem like a fair trade, the blazer had 56k miles on it. I wish I could afford both. What kind of MPG do you get in the "mini van"?

Yeah at the time I still was suffering from performance anxiety (I still do), so I wanted something that was quick and i could still drive around with the family. The SRT-8 Jeep was priced too high so I went with the LS based Trailblazer. Now I average around 11 but because I put a cam, heads, injectors blah blah blah. Completely stock it was around 15 but intake, efans, and tune will definitely help bring it up a few mpgs.

A good little truck for daily commute would be a GMC Typhoon. You would really need to find one that hasn't been modded yet. I live in TX where it doesnt snow very often. The few times it did the Typhoon is my go to truck to get from place to place.
The AWD makes it practical in the averse weather and the turbo makes it fun and the 700r4 will get you between 16-19mpg. Or if you have the $$ find the Syclone.
You've already got two limited production trucks, might as well add one more. I did.

Ive found both of these vehicles hard to come by. Most people dont sell them :dontknow:

I would trade the truck for an SRT 8 Jeep if you can afford the offset in money, but I'm a mopar guy. Adding high flows or removing yours cats will probably increase your MPG the most.

Sounds like you do a LOT of sitting still and idling.
Fair enough
I like the way you think
I would trade the truck for an SRT 8 Jeep if you can afford the offset in money, but I'm a mopar guy. Adding high flows or removing yours cats will probably increase your MPG the most.
JMB catless mids sounds like a plan

SRT-8 jeep would be the first choice but money is tight right now. They are still priced very high even with lots of miles. They are pretty bad ass though.

SRT-8 jeep would be the first choice but money is tight right now. They are still priced very high even with lots of miles. They are pretty bad ass though.
I don't think an SRT8 is going to get any better milage than a normal RC. If I can make a road trip in 6th, I get 18+. Are you cats plugged?

I don't think an SRT8 is going to get any better milage than a normal RC. If I can make a road trip in 6th, I get 18+. Are you cats plugged?

I dont know, It runs good and pulls like a son of a bitch. I think I might save up for some catless mids, sct and k n drop in and see if that helps.

I have a qc and they don't get as good mpg as the Rc and on the interstate I can get 14 and average with town and highway I usual get 10 or so but I'm hoping to change all that soon with my six speed

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back