Alternative to DTS ?

mmmmtorque

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Besides swapping out the entire rear end for a DTS (on my wish list) are there any other options out there ? Even with my line lock I am still getting the occasional 'peg leg' burn outs at the track :(

60's still look good but not sure how things will hold up when I start spraying off the line.

mmmmtorque said:
Besides swapping out the entire rear end for a DTS (on my wish list) are there any other options out there ? Even with my line lock I am still getting the occasional 'peg leg' burn outs at the track :(

60's still look good but not sure how things will hold up when I start spraying off the line.
you and me both, fstjack helped me with that this past weekend, you got to hit it pretty hard when you start your burnout, not ease into it. both will fire off then

If you can put a Detroit locker in there you'll at least get rid of the cursed spider gears. Just ask IHATECHEVYS about those things...

I personally don't like a spool on the street, does pretty crazy things when pushing it through a corner and wet roads get REAL exciting if you're not careful.

Joe

I jsut made a call Charles........we may be able to get a "new" deal on an axle that would be around $600 less, same type axle, dana 60, wilwoods , detroit, so on. Just have to take a few measurments, but, the only thing is we may have to weld on our own spring perch and shock mount, would that be ok?

The burnout is one of the most important parts of the run.

Your dammmmmmm rear end is a continuing point of discussion,

There is no carrier or spool that will work with the "C" clip factory axles.

Peg Leg burnouts will turn the spider and side gears blue, and they will faill in a very short time.

When you start your burnout, you need to be aggressive and hit it hard to get both tires spinning.

If you do a girley (peg leg) burnout it is hard on the spider & side gears. Spank it hard to get things going.;

DITTO...what Jack said.

Also, let go of the line lock nearing completion of the burnout and coast forward.

Jack, sorry I could not make it to the GTG. Had to do dental surgery this week and last week.

FSTJACK said:
Your dammmmmmm rear end is a continuing point of discussion,

Peg Leg burnouts will turn the spider and side gears blue, and they will faill in a very short time.

When you start your burnout, you need to be aggressive and hit it hard to get both tires spinning.

If you do a girley (peg leg) burnout it is hard on the spider & side gears. Spank it hard to get things going.;

I have too second that...

...make sure you drop the clutch HARD, if you dont only one wheel spins. It's also alot easier on the clutch brcause it doent slip, and you never want to put heat into a clutch that you aout to try to launch off of.

FSTJACK said:

No one has ever accused me of doing girley burn outs :burnout: I may move back to doing first gear burnouts vs 2nd to help engagment

Stinker said:
I jsut made a call Charles........we may be able to get a "new" deal on an axle that would be around $600 less, same type axle, dana 60, wilwoods , detroit, so on. Just have to take a few measurments, but, the only thing is we may have to weld on our own spring perch and shock mount, would that be ok?

Thanks for the follow up Stinker, appreciate it ;)

I would rather go the proven DTS route....was just looking for a $500-600 short term solution.

I believe you mentioned that we could order a DTS with true trac vs locker...:dontknow:

mmmmtorque said:
No one has ever accused me of doing girley burn outs :burnout: I may move back to doing first gear burnouts vs 2nd to help engagment

I would rather go the proven DTS route....was just looking for a $500-600 short term solution.

I believe you mentioned that we could order a DTS with true trac vs locker...:dontknow:

yeah I think they can , I have to call them today, and will double check for ya and post it an pm ya:D

mmmmtorque said:

Well, there's always the Lincoln Lock.;)

Stinkers Rear End takes a beaten and keeps on ticken!

Not a problem, had it for about a year now.

FSTJACK said:
OK John Weld up the spiders in the Cobra.............:evil:...... :evil: ......:evil:

I was just waiting for an old timer to come along and know what I was talking about.:rock:

And the Cobra is just fine the way it is.:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back