Am I missing anything?

I love my Magnaflow!! nice deep rumble at idle and nascar-ish wideopen !! really helps to pass convertible mustangs. They can't keepup and then backoff quick so the windows don't break!! lol................. next Mod should be Caltracs...........stops the wheel hop! aceleration is smoother. then another great mod is Lowering it..... stabilizes the tailwag on high speed cornering.

Haha! Nice, Cant wait!!

I love my Magnaflow!! nice deep rumble at idle and nascar-ish wideopen !! really helps to pass convertible mustangs. They can't keepup and then backoff quick so the windows don't break!! lol................. next Mod should be Caltracs...........stops the wheel hop! aceleration is smoother. then another great mod is Lowering it..... stabilizes the tailwag on high speed cornering.

+1. Magnaflow has been on my truck for the last 28,000 miles with no problems. I love the sound too.

+1. Magnaflow has been on my truck for the last 28,000 miles with no problems. I love the sound too.

Got home from work and there it was... A huge white box with the letters "magnaflow" hahah! It felt like christmas!

OOPS! Sorry. Forgot about the pics.

Let's try this again, see if I can't upload some (sorry my current connections kinda sucks!)

Also, I appreciate all of your responses. I'm trying to research as much as possible, from these forums, before I pull the trigger on any mod.

Thanks!

RED is always faster but black is better than a Lighting. :D

I run the Magnaflow and no problems, I personally like the de-badged clean look.

Wow. Hadn't heard that one.... :confused: I really hope it doesn't happen to me... If it does... What are the options? Call Magnaflow up and get a replacement.. Replace with another brand??

Truck has 57,000 miles on it now.

My magnaflow is almost 10 years old with no issues, don't worry about it too much.

Belangers, high flow cats, magnaflows, an SCT tune, coils and wires should net you a half a second in the 1/8th mile, too... Proven...

JTSVP is close to me so I'd recommend them from my experience...

Last edited:
You might wana get a pulley too. But be careful which one you choose. One is the lightest. and the other one is the strongest. Choose wisely

The new magnaflow systems use their new Tru-x muffler with built in 3" x=pipe, supposed to be better overall than the original one's for our trucks......deeper and smoother sounding.......

Belangers, high flow cats, magnaflows, an SCT tune, coils and wires should net you a half a second in the 1/8th mile, too... Proven...

JTSVP is close to me so I'd recommend them from my experience...

18th mile?????????That's a long race.......LOL:burnout:

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved my magnaflow. Imo its the best sounding. But unfortunately it develop a Couple of holes in it. But I replaced it with dual single magnaflows and x pipe. Sounds just as good.

Got 74k on mine. Bought magnaflow very used. Still sounds great.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Welcome from Phoenix, Arizona. Looks like your off to a good start. I too have the Magnaflow with no problems. For HP you will need the SCT tuner. Unless you want the original badges back on your 04, I would go with the 06 badges. I think they are better looking. Check out every vendor on this site. If they don't have it or can't get it for you, you don't need it. Good luck with your mods.

You can get an electric supercharger that will make TONS of power, we all run them. Check Ebay.com

You can get an electric supercharger that will make TONS of power, we all run them. Check Ebay.com

HAHA! You know I was reading up on those and I'm actually interested! Which do you recommend? Ryobi? Toro? Stihl? :dontknow:

Thank you guys all for your responses! About the badges. I really like the 04/05 style, with the individual letters and not the single badge (picky... I know :/ )

As far as the magnaflow, I just checked and, I can see all the way through it, makes me think it might pretty loud, but I definitely see the X style crossover in there

You might wana get a pulley too. But be careful which one you choose. One is the lightest. and the other one is the strongest. Choose wisely

Wait, what if mine isn't the strongest or the lightest, then am I OK? Or, would you recommend installing one of each, that way I know I have the right one?

Back