Am I missing anything?

JGUZMAN

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Black 04 SRT-10. Very happy with my purchase. Prior to this, my brother owned a Lightning which I drove most of the time anyway. I expected the SRT to be very similar to the L, given that both pickups are sort of built for the same purpose, I could not have been more wrong!!! Totally different animal. COMPLETELY different style of fast! :ridinghorse: Anywho, now that that’s out of the way, the truck came completely stock except for the door and tailgate emblems being removed. Here’s the list of the items I have acquired so far. (I’m on a budget, since most of the money went toward purchasing the truck)

1) Three “SRT-10†Emblems, one for each door and the tailgate
2) “Viper Powered†logos, the old ones are starting to fade and peel a little
3) License plate lamps, the lenses on the old ones started yellowing (yeah, I’m that picky HA!)
4) OEM floor mats
5) Belanger long tubes
6) Catless midpipes 3â€
7) Magnaflow catback 3â€
8) Drop in K&N filter, I was going with the whole kit, but the “V-10 505†on the stock intake was too cool to take out HAHA
9) 4.56 gears to be installed next week.
10) As soon as all that is done, will schedule a buff/wax/exterior/interior detail, and then mount all the decals.

Anything else?

Thanks!!

One thing you missed......

PICS!!!!

Edit: And a tuner, SCT preferably

Great start and welcome! Like VPRPWRD said, a tune is in order along with an UD pulley, lightweight flywheel and a good clutch ;)

Oh and you need to put it on the Viper Truck Registry!!!

Wait..thats really an option

Welcome to the VTCoA

Great first post and mod list. I think your choice of headers, exhaust, and drop in K&N is very sound.

One thing you missed......

PICS!!!!

Edit: And a tuner, SCT preferably

OOPS! Sorry. Forgot about the pics.

Let's try this again, see if I can't upload some (sorry my current connections kinda sucks!)

Also, I appreciate all of your responses. I'm trying to research as much as possible, from these forums, before I pull the trigger on any mod.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    566.4 KB · Views: 92
  • Photo2.jpg
    Photo2.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 91
  • Photo3.jpg
    Photo3.jpg
    972.5 KB · Views: 91
OOPS! Sorry. Forgot about the pics.

Let's try this again, see if I can't upload some (sorry my current connections kinda sucks!)

Also, I appreciate all of your responses. I'm trying to research as much as possible, from these forums, before I pull the trigger on any mod.

Thanks!

Well, listen to Magnablow exhausts on our trucks before you pull that trigger ;)
Too raspy IMO, but that's me :burnout:

I recently purchased a Black 04 SRT-10. Very happy with my purchase. Prior to this, my brother owned a Lightning which I drove most of the time anyway. I expected the SRT to be very similar to the L, given that both pickups are sort of built for the same purpose, I could not have been more wrong!!! Totally different animal. COMPLETELY different style of fast! :ridinghorse: Anywho, now that that’s out of the way, the truck came completely stock except for the door and tailgate emblems being removed. Here’s the list of the items I have acquired so far. (I’m on a budget, since most of the money went toward purchasing the truck) 1) Three “SRT-10” Emblems, one for each door and the tailgate 2) “Viper Powered” logos, the old ones are starting to fade and peel a little 3) License plate lamps, the lenses on the old ones started yellowing (yeah, I’m that picky HA!) 4) OEM floor mats 5) Belanger long tubes 6) Catless midpipes 3” 7) Magnaflow catback 3” 8) Drop in K&N filter, I was going with the whole kit, but the “V-10 505” on the stock intake was too cool to take out HAHA 9) 4.56 gears to be installed next week. 10) As soon as all that is done, will schedule a buff/wax/exterior/interior detail, and then mount all the decals. Anything else? Thanks!!
Truck looks really clean. How many miles? Also I'm only saying per personal experience but the magnaflow should be called a magnablow. For whatever reason I have had two magnaflow mufflers get 1" diameter holes blown out in the sides of the canister in the last year. I've heard this has happened to others with the same exhaust. Just a heads up.

Well, listen to Magnablow exhausts on our trucks before you pull that trigger ;)
Too raspy IMO, but that's me :burnout:

Aww man. I already got that one... Should be arriving today actually. HAHA. I did a lot of listening, video watching, and researching. I think Magnaflow was my favorite so far. Everything on that list is stuff that I have already bought. So the SCT tuner was brought up. How about the throttle body from Tony at JTSVP? :dontknow: I looked at the BBK, I guess too many people had issues with it sticking at idle. Everything pointed toward purchasing the JTSVP one.

Aww man. I already got that one... Should be arriving today actually. HAHA. I did a lot of listening, video watching, and researching. I think Magnaflow was my favorite so far. Everything on that list is stuff that I have already bought. So the SCT tuner was brought up. How about the throttle body from Tony at JTSVP? :dontknow: I looked at the BBK, I guess too many people had issues with it sticking at idle. Everything pointed toward purchasing the JTSVP one.

They do have a nice TB. I really don't think many were actually sticking as much as they weren't installed with TPS sensor voltage correction in mind. I know many trucks with BBK or Roe with no issue.

Truck looks really clean. How many miles? Also I'm only saying per personal experience but the magnaflow should be called a magnablow. For whatever reason I have had two magnaflow mufflers get 1" diameter holes blown out in the sides of the canister in the last year. I've heard this has happened to others with the same exhaust. Just a heads up.

Wow. Hadn't heard that one.... :confused: I really hope it doesn't happen to me... If it does... What are the options? Call Magnaflow up and get a replacement.. Replace with another brand??

Truck has 57,000 miles on it now.

Wow. Hadn't heard that one.... :confused: I really hope it doesn't happen to me... If it does... What are the options? Call Magnaflow up and get a replacement.. Replace with another brand??

Truck has 57,000 miles on it now.

Just enjoy it till it pops now :rock:

They do have a nice TB. I really don't think many were actually sticking as much as they weren't installed with TPS sensor voltage correction in mind. I know many trucks with BBK or Roe with no issue.

Oh... I was not aware of this... I would assume any thorttle body installed would need this correction? How would I go about doing this?

And when the Magnaflow pops... It'll just be that much louder! HAHA:burnout:

Oh... I was not aware of this... I would assume any thorttle body installed would need this correction? How would I go about doing this?

I recommend the Snakebite exhaust from Venomous1 Racing. Mine sounds badass.:rock:

Yessir all TBs should have TPS calibration so PCM knows where idle is and correct fueling map.

If you want all of the emblems back on, the 04 was the only year that had "DODGE" on the tailgate as well.

The good news is, all are Vendors understand and have great equipment for your 10. So ask lots of questions.

If you want all of the emblems back on, the 04 was the only year that had "DODGE" on the tailgate as well.

I do try to stay as close to stock as possible (not a big fan of doing too many visual mods like lowering or painting wheels) but I really dont like the BIG OLE' Dodge letters on the tailgate, or the RAM on the side. I just want something to show that I'm driving around a beast :rock:

I love my Magnaflow!! nice deep rumble at idle and nascar-ish wideopen !! really helps to pass convertible mustangs. They can't keepup and then backoff quick so the windows don't break!! lol................. next Mod should be Caltracs...........stops the wheel hop! aceleration is smoother. then another great mod is Lowering it..... stabilizes the tailwag on high speed cornering.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back