Another A/C SRT problem.........

badassvpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air blows out cold driver and passenger side throughout the day, it also cuts off throughout the day. Can you check the pcm yourself or is that a dealer thing....... I want to check everything I can Before I start pulling condessors and dashboards lol, O and I have already done a freon check it was at 44-45.

I dealt with this issue on my truck about 5yrs ago. My passenger side would on occasion blow warm. Everything checked fine but I had my AC guy add just a bit more freon and all was better. ECU cuts off compressor at WFO. I'd say add some more freon then start looking at well known vacuum door issue on all Ram trucks.

you don't have to take the whole dash out to replace the recirc door ,,Just the glove box.....Somewhwere on the net is a video that shows how ---just can't find it ----I may have post it somewhere on here a few years ago ----Might want to try a search...

Yeah, mine was in two pieces anywho so I just ripped it out altogether. SO I don't have Recirc, but my air is licking hard now! The door blocks the air movement right from the blower.

The problem you are describing sounds like lack of freon by a smidge, but not the Recirc door issue if it's blowing hard.

Mine was making a hell of a drone noise for a short time a while ago ---was getting ready to pull the blower motor to check it out.... the noise stopped and everything works fine.

So how have you been Earl...Anything good going on lately

thats just it my air is blowing pretty hard it just decides when it wants to be cold or hot.
on top of that My power steering pump is going out, oil and streering lines are leaking............... I wanna find a bridge and drive it off.......lol

if your power steering pump is going out that may be your a/c problem. the power steering pump drives the hydraulic fan to cool the condensor. may want to start there

thats just it my air is blowing pretty hard it just decides when it wants to be cold or hot.
on top of that My power steering pump is going out, oil and streering lines are leaking............... I wanna find a bridge and drive it off.......lol

Stinker has Power steering lines the are the best....:rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

if your power steering pump is going out that may be your a/c problem. the power steering pump drives the hydraulic fan to cool the condensor. may want to start there

Did not know that ---good to know:rock::rock:

good call I will change the power steering pump and hopefully it will change.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back