Another First - Broke an Axle

FATJACK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:burnout: Well what I thought was spider gears turned out to be a broken axle. I don't remember anyone having trouble with this before. My guy called me today and said the right axle was wrung in half. Guess that is part of the 1.54 60' time.:burnout:

Should have a cure for this on the way.....

are there upgrades for the axels or you just replacing with oem,s

good job there slick :D Guess them new slicks grip pretty good.

505'sFastestViper. said:
axles and locker on the way
:congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats: :congrats:

Troy's QC SRT said:
so when do we find out what Dom is sending your way?

i'm goin to says its axles & locker:aetsch: :aetsch: :aetsch: :D

Dom is taking care of me with the original parts from his DTS rearend (35 spline Strange axles and Detroit Locker ctr. section). He has since replaced his stuff with narrowed 40 spline axles and a spool for the Dana.

So the dts stuff will fit with no issues? Even the locker? If so why haven't I heard of anyone else do this? What would new stuff go for?

mysrt10 said:
So the dts stuff will fit with no issues? Even the locker? If so why haven't I heard of anyone else do this? What would new stuff go for?
Nope....lotsa issues. Got to have the Dana housing changed to work with the new parts.

FATJACK said:
Nope....lotsa issues. Got to have the Dana housing changed to work with the new parts.
Gotcha. Please take lots of pics and put this in the DIY section!

mysrt10 said:
Gotcha. Please take lots of pics and put this in the DIY section!
Pics!!! That old fart wouldnt know how to use a digital camera if his lefe depended on it.:D

SANTEEN said:
Pics!!! That old fart wouldnt know how to use a digital camera if his lefe depended on it.:D
I'm gonna get a good pic of your truck, out my BACK window.:aetsch: :aetsch:

Talked with Tony Brindle, he said:burnout: you were haulin ass till it broke
Good luck with the rebuild:rock:
If you need any help give me a shout!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back