Another "FNG" here

Status
Not open for further replies.
well thank you everyone, I am happy to be a member. I know of the "other site" too, but Sgt_bo recommended this one over the "other". Looking forward to getting into my truck and pushing that big red button for the first time. 30 days to go from today.

Watch Out Tacoma Washington, Im coming home and daddy's got a brand new Viper Truck! (New to me anyways)....

So giddy I could $##T myself right now!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes and wishes!

BTW, I hate to start off on this forum in this fashion and Im not trying to be an ass but nothing pisses me off like being called a "Soldier". I am not a Soldier, I am an Airman! Soldiers have earned the right not to be confused with anyone else. Marines are not Soldiers, they are Marines! We all have a proud heritage defending this country in our own unique way. Its high time the people we are defending get to know who and what we all do and what we bring to the fight. Maybe un-ass themselves from their computers and their video games and learn something for once....Just Sayin???? I know Im going to catch hell for this, but atleast I'll sleep easier tonight in my tent, in 115 degree weather, knowing I did my little part in spreading the word and setting the record straight.
Here is some edgeumacation for you in case you didnt know:

Soldier = US Army
Airman = US Air Force
Marine = US Marine Corps
Sailor = US Navy
Coast Guardsmen = US Coast Guard

Last edited:
Malbe72 said:
well thank you everyone, I am happy to be a member. I know of the "other site" too, but Sgt_bo recommended this one over the "other". Looking forward to getting into my truck and pushing that big red button for the first time. 30 days to go from today.

Watch Out Tacoma Washington, Im coming home and daddy's got a brand new Viper Truck! (New to me anyways)....

BTW, I hate to start off on this forum in this fashion and Im not trying to be an ass but nothing pisses me off like being called a "Soldier". I am not a Soldier, I am an Airman! Soldiers have earned the right not to be confused with anyone else. Marines are not Soldiers, they are Marines! We all have a proud heritage defending this country in our own unique way. Its high time the people we are defending get to know who and what we all do and what we bring to the fight. Maybe un-ass themselves from their computers and their video games and learn something for once....Just Sayin???? I know Im going to catch hell for this, but atleast I'll sleep easier tonight in my tent, in 115 degree weather, knowing I did my little part in spreading the word and setting the record straight.

Soldier = US Army
Airman = US Air Force
Marine = US Marine Corps
Sailor = US Navy

I think you pretty much cleared that up for everyone Airman. Thanks for what you do for us all. Welcome aboard and engine the new addition to the fleet:rock:

thewelshm

Thank you. I personally love the forums! Ive learned a a lot from them. ive met a huge contengency of 300C owners through them and learned so much about my cars. I pretty know much more about my 300C then the mechanics at the dealers. Sad, but true! I look forward to getting to know my truck just as well.

Malcom, hope you enjoy the truck as much as I did. I will get me another one when I return to the states from the speed demon of the world (Germany). have only seen two that belonged to Americans, and one whom I guess was German because the licence plate was not where Americans are stationed. Hope you like the nice sound system and yes it will make a female wet with the vibration in the back seat...

GR8 News! The truck is arriving at my house tomorrow...now if only I could get the hell out of here and get home myself! 24 days t.g. and Ill will be home! Thanks Bo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malbe72

Soldier = US Army
Airman = US Air Force
Marine = US Marine Corps
Sailor = US Navy

I think you pretty much cleared that up for everyone Airman. Thanks for what you do for us all. Welcome aboard and engine the new addition to the fleet:rock:

thewelshm
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!....Forget it, he's rolling.

:captain::congrats:

Malbe72 said:

Soldier = US Army
Airman = US Air Force
Marine = US Marine Corps
Sailor = US Navy

HAHAHA may bad. That pisses me off too. Just figured you were Army living in Tacoma:)

sgt_bo said:
McChord AFB is right next to Ft. Lewis, thus why they call it Joint Base McChord-Lewis now.

And I hate it! :banghead:

Its actually JB-LM now but I refer to it only as McChord Field.
people need to know nothing has changed. The Army doesnt "own" or run the Air Force base or our mission. Its all about combining the non-critical assets like admin crap, health care, installation grounds maintenance, base housing (which is privatized now). None of the day to day management of our missions is effected. Better way to spend our tax-payers $$ thats all. Looks good on paper too but doesnt "really" effect nothing.

Malbe72 said:
And I hate it! :banghead:

Its actually JB-LM now but I refer to it only as McChord Field.
people need to know nothing has changed. The Army doesnt "own" or run the Air Force base or our mission. Its all about combining the non-critical assets like admin crap, health care, installation grounds maintenance, base housing (which is privatized now). None of the day to day management of our missions is effected. Better way to spend our tax-payers $$ thats all. Looks good on paper too but doesnt "really" effect nothing.

I live about a half mile from McChord. Be nice to see another 10 running around here.

Welcome!

Bone said:
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!....Forget it, he's rolling.

:captain::congrats:

Anyone else catch that...:stupido2: Who was it that bombed Pearl Harbor again:dontknow: :hahaha: :hmmmm2:

Vman455 said:
I live about a half mile from McChord. Be nice to see another 10 running around here.

Welcome!

ya, im originally from Tacoma. Just so happens Im staioned there too for going on 11 1/2 years. Wouldnt want to be anywhere else! 1 yr 4 months til i retire. Im sure you'll see me eventually! Im not a "hooters" guy either so you'll never see me there for GTG's. Much better places to go. Id rather go to my watering hole "Rollies".

Ever see the big acft flying around the local pattern? Im one of those guys that fly on it.

Im a social guy and would love to host a GTG at my house one of these days. It would be awesome to have 10+ SRT's at the house and have my neighbors freak out....LMAO

Malbe72 said:

Soldier = US Army
Airman = US Air Force
Marine = US Marine Corps
Sailor = US Navy

So what, no FlyBoy:aetsch: :elefant: :elefant: :itsme:

DevilDawg3097 said:
So what, no FlyBoy:aetsch: :elefant: :elefant: :itsme:

Oh now those are fightin words :rock: now lets see if can rock with my beat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back