Another Mid Pipe/ Sims Question

Rice Eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the MOPAR LT headers w/ catless mids. The rear O2 sensor bung on the mids....what is the story there? Am I correct in this assumption......Place the original rear 02 Sensor in the bung to plug that opening in the mid pipe....cut off the wires coming out of the rear 02 sensor......clip in the Sims to the wires coming from the truck and zip tie them up out of the way.:dontknow:

Thanks....the Mopar directions was not clear how to handle this.

Man does this truck scream now!!!:burnout: :rock:

JUST BUY THE MOPAR COMPUTER!!! ITS CALIBRATED FOR NO CATS...NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND ABOUT THE SAME PRICE AS SIMS.

already bought the sims...even if i went that route....would I still need to pop in the o2 sensor to plug up the bung hole??

hahah i said bung hole!

why can't someone give me a clear answer on how to install the sims and what to do about the wires coming out of rear o2 sensors????

YEP AND ITS A REASONABLY PRICED MSRP AT ANY DEALER FOR 05 R.C IS 289.00 04 R.C. IS 399.00 THE VIN IS ALREADY PROGRAMMED IN SO NO EXTRA COST...PULG IT IN AND GO....THEN YOU STILL HAVE YOUR STOCK ONE.

will the new Mopar computer work for a QC? Rice eater are we still on for the Wednesday ( July 26 ) run to Moroso. Where did you get the headers and mids?

Greatone 61 I think they are color coded to match but not sure, and I think one of the white wires you will not use. I'm on the road or I would look up my instructions and help.
but they do go one the rear 02's, and jsut replace the old 02's back in the hole or use a plug, then wire in the sims and zip in place. damn wish I could remember......................heck I dont want to tell ya wrong i thin k I remember but would rather have it in front of me , sorry bro.:dontknow:

You can also call Roe, Gary may be real busy trying to get ready for the nats

bucke77 said:
JUST BUY THE MOPAR COMPUTER!!! ITS CALIBRATED FOR NO CATS...NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND ABOUT THE SAME PRICE AS SIMS.

are you sure about this ?? we've been down this road before & it's been stated the the upgrade pcm's from dc performance, boomer & mopar don't stop the cel and that we still need sims if we cat delete......... i think boomer was the last vender to chime in on this subject --- boomer ??

the extensions are for the FRONT 02's only
cut the wires and screw in the rear sensors, and then plug in the syms
the mopar computer sucks ass, its a very mild calibration

I GUARANTEE THE MOPAR COMPUTER WILL ELIMINATE THE NEED FOR SIMS... I HAVE HAD MY HEADERS WITH NO CATS AND MOPAR PCM FOR A YEAR NEXT MONTH, I HAVE ALSO INSTALLED THIS MOPAR KITS ON 4 OTHER TRUCKS...NO CEL!!!!! HAVENT EXPERIENCED OTHER FLASHES... YOU WOULD REC DC STAGE 2?

bucke77 said:
YEP AND ITS A REASONABLY PRICED MSRP AT ANY DEALER FOR 05 R.C IS 289.00 04 R.C. IS 399.00 THE VIN IS ALREADY PROGRAMMED IN SO NO EXTRA COST...PULG IT IN AND GO....THEN YOU STILL HAVE YOUR STOCK ONE.

Whats with the $100 price diff? Can an 05 be used in an 04?

droptail said:
Whats with the $100 price diff? Can an 05 be used in an 04?
no they cant. i have tested the Mopar pcm, and its a VERY mild calibration. not that spectacular on the dyno either.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back