Any Detroit Locker reviews?

pokeytemplar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried searching without any luck. I know they work great at the track but how do they do on the street? I have read that they make the rear squirrely in turns. I have read that some mentioned you have to coast through them without applying any power. Is this true or do they mean just don't hammer it in a turn? Any info would be greatly appreciated.:D

pokeytemplar said:
I tried searching without any luck. I know they work great at the track but how do they do on the street? I have read that they make the rear squirrely in turns. I have read that some mentioned you have to coast through them without applying any power. Is this true or do they mean just don't hammer it* in a turn? Any info would be greatly appreciated.:D
You just want to make sure she's pointed the way you want her to go when you "*...... .." :D

It's what your going to need to put slicks on her, they only come in 15" and 16" rim/size.

Quick

Last edited:
IF you are lightly accelerating out of a turn will they still lock? I am worried about the safety of the kids if/when the wife decides to take it to get groceries after she has pried the keys out of my cold stiff hands.....

Detroits aren't bad at part throttle but stabbing it in a tight turn will break the tires loose. You'll also notice when backing out of a parking space that you'll chirp the inside tire. On dry pavement it's not too noticable but turning through an intersection in the rain can be fun if you get too aggressive with the go pedal.

On dry pavement you have to be pushing the truck pretty hard for the locker to be noticeable... or in a parking lot.

I love the Detroit Locker, it is by far my favorite diff. That said, they are not for everyone. Will your wife have any problems? Not unless she gets too carried away with putting the throttle down hard while cornering.

Bill.

give me a few months and i can tell you more. with a stock motor mines not bad at all. it is fun to drift with on wet roads.

Thanks guys, I appreciate the comments. I wanted to make sure if I got the locker she would be safe on the roads. I just didn't want her lightly accelerating and kicking the rear out from under her. Knowing that as long as you practice throttle control you will be fine makes me feel more at ease on putting one in.......

You do know that the Detroit Locker doesn't fit our stock rear ends. You have to get one of Stinker's rear axles to have a Detroit Locker.

Bill.

Begood said:
I was just at DTS on monday.

Bill.
they got two, I deal mostly with mike over in iona i think it is, he just left to go to the sand dunes this weekend, oh and begood, be on the lookout for griff, he is passing thru the next few days

anybody have a dealins with the Quaife locker????

Last edited:
Stinker said:
they got two, I deal mostly with mike over in iona i think it is, he just left to go to the sand dunes this weekend, oh and begood, be on the lookout for griff, he is passing thru the next few days
Thanks, but we are going to the Washington GTG this weekend.

Bill.

505'sFastestViper. said:
stinker the detroit in the dts and the strange axles are they worth anything to anyone because i have them for sale or somethin let me know
If I had the money I would buy just so I could have a Detroit Locker in my truck. But, right now that is just a dream.

Good luck with the sale though.

Bill.

Begood said:
If I had the money I would buy just so I could have a Detroit Locker in my truck. But, right now that is just a dream.

Good luck with the sale though.

Bill.
its just the locker and axles not the whole rearend

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back