any formula grand prix fans?

that is one my lifetime dreams is to be on a f1 team. when i was doing the ferrari challenge series back in 2008 up in montreal, my team and i were in the pits right in front of ferrari. just that experience was mind blowing. We won that race too which was amazing.

totally agree how f1 races are set up. Theres nothing better sounding than a formula 1 motor. I wish i was around when there was less restrictions when the v12, tt v6, and others were all racing against each other.

800hp+ out of a 2.4L v8=amazing.

I got to work at Texas Motor Speedway for a while as a Pit road Firefighter. I was lucky and always worked in Helio's pit for Penske. The sound of an Indy car at Texas is amazing.
My list of the cars that will make your hair stand up are -

410 non winged sprint car - love it when they let off slightly to set up for corner
Offy powered car - Indy, midgets, sprints makes no difference. beautiful noise
Formula Mazda - high revs, lots of noise
Big block Can Am cars - wow
real 427 Cobra. I saw one them get on it hard and it took my breath away. 427 Corvette with side pipes, my Dad had a 66 that he bought new - DAMN
any quarter midget with Deco in it or a Rotax kart at full tilt
T/F at idle, then blast off
Any Porsche race car that shoots fire 5 foot out of the tailpipe
I like my SRT, its so quiet and sedate until you drop the hammer on it, its like it just explodes.
I've never seen an F-1 race other than TV, but I bet those sound awesome in person, I did get to see a vintage Lola F-1 car drive around Infineon, sounded awesome. The guys that raced those had giant balls.
Just a few of my many favorites.

I think it would be sweet to see them do the corkscrew at lagona but i know the track is not long enough for the FIA to consider, or a street course would be awesome too or even at Sebring

Actually about 20 years ago Lugna Seca actually extended the track with the turns back into the infield after the 1st turn. This was done for the sole reason to make it long enough to meet the F1 requirement for track length.

Main reason they didn't do Lugna Seca was MONEY. Seconday was the cars bottoming out at the Cork Screw. They simply are not far enough off the road, they grind the Plank Off and tear the bottom out.

raceram9 said:
what the hell are 18 going to do around a car? 4 with air guns 4 tire carriers 1 to lift the front of the car 1 to lift the rear what do the other 8 doing? 1 or 2 to make adjustments to the car 12 at most I would like to see this 1.8 sec. pit stop oh the other six to "service" the driver ? 1 to do the hand job 1 to hold the "catch can" 1 to clean the drivers "driver" 2 to do any "spill control and one to supervise the entire "pit stop":dontknow: :D :D

dont ask questions you dont want the answers to!!!!!!:elefant:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back