anybody running 18s

ViperPunk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
i saw m&h tire and they came out with a new drag radial for 18s 345/35/18 and i was wondering if anyone tried them yet

they mak drag radials for 20's as well but for the rams 20 aint much better than the 22s as far as et gains

ViperPunk said:
i was just wondering because the 18s actually have a whole lot of rubber

i know some guy on here has 12.5 inch wide drags i think its one of the Jacks lol idk :dontknow:

The 18 is only 28" diameter vs the 17 29.5"...........I would have to shift to 5th (with the 18) before crossing the line so no help..

ViperPunk said:
see thats the type of details i was looking for

If You're running 4:10s And n.a.,The shorter tire/wheel combo will wait it up it up in the quarter for sure!!!:D

1qksrt said:
If You're running 4:10s And n.a.,The shorter tire/wheel combo will wait it up it up in the quarter for sure!!!:D
not sure i understood the last one by wait it up :dontknow:

ViperPunk said:
not sure i understood the last one by wait it up :dontknow:

My bad,I had a couple Corona's.I meant wake up.The shorter tire would change your final gear ratio to around 4:56 or better.You would trap closer to the top of forth gear(in a manual)..:D

so the 18s would be a good choice for me and it would kill two birds with one stone cuz then i would only have to buy 18 DR's instead of buying 17 DR's and 4.56s cuz that sounds pretty cool to me

ViperPunk said:
so the 18s would be a good choice for me and it would kill two birds with one stone cuz then i would only have to buy 18 DR's instead of buying 17 DR's and 4.56s cuz that sounds pretty cool to me

I do not know the exact measurements of the 18s,But,Yeah,Something like that.

TNVIPER said:
PM John at M&H before buying....;)
ya im definitely doing that. im not super rich like a couple of guys on here but if i get paid like im supposed to then in the next month(s) i should bring in enough dough to finally get some DR's among other small upgrades

There is a truck drag race next month that I will be going to. Tell John to send me a pair of 18"s so I can try them out and let everyone know how they are.

ViperPunk said:
see thats the type of details i was looking for

:dontknow: Then you should have just asked Larry in the first place. As you can see he's a loads of information. You'll know for next time.:D

1qksrt said:

Okay Mickey, put down the Corona and answer me this.. 17's with 390R40 slicks teamed up with 4.56 rear end ratio.. Talk to me! Would that make a significant difference? Because I'm thinking it would mimic 4.88's or better IMO. But I'm not expert on this subject.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back