Anyone buy their truck in Canada and bring it to US?

C-Note

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am buying a truck in Canada and will be importing it to the US. I am required to get a letter stating that the truck conforms to US regulations.

Does anyone already have this letter for our trucks? Or does anyone know who to contract for this letter?

Thank you!

I am buying a truck in Canada and will be importing it to the US. I am required to get a letter stating that the truck conforms to US regulations.

Does anyone already have this letter for our trucks? Or does anyone know who to contract for this letter?

Thank you!

I bought my SRT new in Canada and then moved to GA in 2012. I imported it along with another truck I owned at the time along with my Harley.

I did not have emissions letters for either truck,
The first trip down with an 08 Dakota and the Harley was through a crossing south of Winnipeg, all they wanted at the border was to look at the VIN numbers to ensure I was the registered owner. No letter was needed.

Then I tried to import the SRT 3 months later, I crossed at Coutts, AB./Sweetgrass MT. and was asked for an emissions letter which I did not have. (And didn't know I needed) They made me call a Broker which cost me $450 US. They broker had me send him 3 pictures, one of the truck, one of the odometer, and one of the door sticker. The broker filled out some forms, sent them back to me and I was on my way.
Then in GA I had to file a bunch of paperwork, get the emissions tested, have the local police check out the vehicles and i was able to get titles.

Apparently the mentioned letter is available from Chrysler Canada, contact them and they should be able to provide you with one.

Is the truck you are trying to import a Canadian truck? Or is it a US truck that was imported to Canada?

It was built for the Canadian market.

Thanks for all the info.

If you need a pic of the emissions labels for either an 05 or 06, I can get both. It states on them that they are ALEV compliant for their date of manufacture.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back