Anyone else got a cracked frame?

SRT 10 Rooster

Reaction score
So I was changing oil and putting on new brake pads on my 10 and noticed a rusty line where the lower control arm meets the frame. I've been having shimmy problems under braking but chalked it up to the hub assembly going bad on me. Replaced the drivers side and was ready to replace the passenger side as well, but saw the crack in the FACTORY welds. A little tap on the lower control arm and I heard the mystery rattle I've been hunting. Look at the weld..... it's broken loose over 90% of the way around and has cracked across the top of the transmission mount bracket as well. Look at the drivers side. Same but it's almost cracked all the way around. This is the rear mounting point for the lower control arm.

Called Chrysler and they basically told me to piss up a rope after a two week run around because it's "out of warranty". Really guys? It has 76,000 miles on it and it's been babied it's whole life....contacting an attorney unless you guys know a secret. Anyone else encounter this issue?

try to get a hold of a chrysler engineer and may just have to have it welded up

Do you have an extended warranty that covers against rust? If not I would say find a good welder and have it repaired. I'm not sure why you would think the manufacturer is responsible for this after 10 years and 70k+ miles. It sucks but this is the reality of ownership - thing will go wrong that are the owner's responsibility.

Do you have an extended warranty that covers against rust? If not I would say find a good welder and have it repaired. I'm not sure why you would think the manufacturer is responsible for this after 10 years and 70k+ miles. It sucks but this is the reality of ownership - thing will go wrong that are the owner's responsibility.

This right here^^^^^

Sorry you had a problem but don't expect somebody else to pay for it because you feel it shouldn't happen in the time period in which it occurred.

Good gawd. Put the phone down and just get it fixed. Its a simple fix at that...:chain:

When you have the frame welded, be sure to disconnect your battery. Otherwise you could wind up with a fried computer system.

I would think any body shop that has experience with frame repair could fix it pretty quick.

Also if you have a truck trailer repair shop near you that specializes in auto hauling equipment. They can fix you up quick. Any shop that repairs auto haulers has a welder/fabricator on hand. Those things crack just looking at them

What's your VIN#? I want to make sure this gets logged in the registry. :D

You now have me worried. I have had this for a bit on mine it just developed a shimmy only while braking. I chalked it up to the rotors being warped because I like to go fast, but now I may have to check into mine just to be 100% sure.

What's your VIN#? I want to make sure this gets logged in the registry. :D

This could have been a good thing to track. May not be production wide, may just be in a date range

You now have me worried. I have had this for a bit on mine it just developed a shimmy only while braking. I chalked it up to the rotors being warped because I like to go fast, but now I may have to check into mine just to be 100% sure.

GOOD TO HEAR FROM YA!!! HIT US UP THIS FALL, WELL BE CAMPING AT THE MOPAR FINALS AGAIN!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back