anyone find a solution for the passenger side AC problem?

The dealership added Freon to mine under warranty. No difference - the passenger side is still 5-8 degrees warmer than the driver side.

SRT-MIKE said:
Well, I can see what you mean... I'll ask my wife if she'll allow some girls to ride the passenger side to test the theory... purely scientific interest, of course.

ORRR...... OR, maybe she'll allow a very sweaty FatJack to ride the passenger side for theory testing purposes. I am certain she WON'T say no.

Venom Power said:
ORRR...... OR, maybe she'll allow a very sweaty FatJack to ride the passenger side for theory testing purposes. I am certain she WON'T say no.
You so mean!!

I was doing some research and this is what I found

Up to 12 degrees difference in temperature from side to side is normal. If the difference in temperature is greater than 12 degrees, pinch off a heater hose for a test. This will help you determine if you have a blend door problem or an A/C performance problem.
If you are dealing with a DR that has cold air blowing out of the left side vents but warm air blowing out of the right side vents, verify the charge in the A/C system. The flow through the evaporator is from left to right. If it is low on R134A the right side will be warm while the left side is nice and cold. The label for the charge under the hood shows that the system should be charged with 1 lb 10 oz. Frequently technicians have been mistakenly taking this for 1.1 lbs when it is actually 1.625 lbs or 26 oz.
An Example:
Sticker on gas truck shows that the refrigerant should be 1 lbs 10 oz. Technicians are looking at this quickly and seeing 1.10 lbs. On a diesel truck it shows 1 lbs 14 oz. Technicians are adding 1.14 lbs.
Gas 1 lbs 10 oz (1.625 lbs) NOT 1.10 LBS.
Diesel 1 lbs 14 oz (1.875 lbs) NOT 1.14 LBS.

Same problem on my 05... truck has 4k miles on it... But then it also has wiring problems. Dont beleave its under warrentee due to the S/C...

TheMoparConnection said:
I was doing some research and this is what I found

Up to 12 degrees difference in temperature from side to side is normal. If the difference in temperature is greater than 12 degrees, pinch off a heater hose for a test. This will help you determine if you have a blend door problem or an A/C performance problem.
If you are dealing with a DR that has cold air blowing out of the left side vents but warm air blowing out of the right side vents, verify the charge in the A/C system. The flow through the evaporator is from left to right. If it is low on R134A the right side will be warm while the left side is nice and cold. The label for the charge under the hood shows that the system should be charged with 1 lb 10 oz. Frequently technicians have been mistakenly taking this for 1.1 lbs when it is actually 1.625 lbs or 26 oz.
An Example:
Sticker on gas truck shows that the refrigerant should be 1 lbs 10 oz. Technicians are looking at this quickly and seeing 1.10 lbs. On a diesel truck it shows 1 lbs 14 oz. Technicians are adding 1.14 lbs.
Gas 1 lbs 10 oz (1.625 lbs) NOT 1.10 LBS.
Diesel 1 lbs 14 oz (1.875 lbs) NOT 1.14 LBS.

Hey, thanks for this info. Now I am going to go outside and stick a thermometer in each vent and make sure that it is really still having an issue. The dealer added Freon, but the "hand test" says that the passenger side is warmer. I'll put gauge on and see, just out of curiosity.

My truck used to have this problem when I got it. What I did is recovered all the refrigerant and left the system in under a vacuum for an hour. This will remove anymoisture in the system. Then recharged it back with .2oz more. The A/C blows @37 on the drivers side and 40 pass side. That works out just fine since the girl usually always fkn cold.

Most dealerships skip putting the system under a vacuum for 30 mins like they should. Usually only do it for like 5 mins

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back