ANYONE GOT BIKES?

Not at all in the same window of any of these bikes but I have a Honda CRF250L(dual sport) I ride it a couple hundred miles a week on road then get it muddy on the weekends. Cant beat over 80mpgs and still gets out of its own way

Dual sport is the way to go! I guess I'm partial because I play in the dirt as much as I can. I just read a review in Motor Week about the new Honda, pushing 80 MPG and fun off and on road what's better than that. When I was in my teens I always said I would go crotch rocket but I was out of that phase before I hit my teens. I'm partial to cruisers now, my dream bike is a Victory Vegas.

Ive had a few bikes but my fav so far was my GSXR 1000. Modded as hell. After sinking about 11 grand into it, it got stolen in Myrtle Beach during black bike week in 2010. I was home on leave from Afghanistan, and they stole it the night before I had to go back to a war zone. Worst. Day. Of. My. Life. After that..I just dont even want another bike, its like loosing a loved one, just kinda depressed just thinkin about it. Im gonna go drown my sorrows in Jack Daniels now. Thanks a lot :(

Im going to sign up and do the dmv test. Heres my only issue. I dont want to get a bike. N ride it and then out grow it n struggle selling it to get the next step up.

Ive had a few bikes but my fav so far was my GSXR 1000. Modded as hell. After sinking about 11 grand into it, it got stolen in Myrtle Beach during black bike week in 2010. I was home on leave from Afghanistan, and they stole it the night before I had to go back to a war zone. Worst. Day. Of. My. Life. After that..I just dont even want another bike, its like loosing a loved one, just kinda depressed just thinkin about it. Im gonna go drown my sorrows in Jack Daniels now. Thanks a lot :(

I've had a few bikes stolen on me. Yeah, it sux but its a FREAKING MOTORCYCLE! Get over it! It isn't like losing a loved one. If that was your worse day in your life then you live a gifted life!

Im going to sign up and do the dmv test. Heres my only issue. I dont want to get a bike. N ride it and then out grow it n struggle selling it to get the next step up.

Hmmm...I haven't outgrown my XR100. :D

I've had a few bikes stolen on me. Yeah, it sux but its a FREAKING MOTORCYCLE! Get over it! It isn't like losing a loved one. If that was your worse day in your life then you live a gifted life!

I dont know if you missed the part where I said I had to go to Afghanistan the next day or? And yea, it was a special bike to me, I spent my entire sign on bonus on it when I joined the army and took really good care of it for years. I literally loved that bike, and for someone to just take it from me was horrible. Not to mention it was during a combat deployment, during a time in my life where getting shot and and blown up was an everyday thing. Now, please dont judge me again dude as I was half joking anyway…you dont know me.

I dont know if you missed the part where I said I had to go to Afghanistan the next day or? And yea, it was a special bike to me, I spent my entire sign on bonus on it when I joined the army and took really good care of it for years. I literally loved that bike, and for someone to just take it from me was horrible. Not to mention it was during a combat deployment, during a time in my life where getting shot and and blown up was an everyday thing. Now, please dont judge me again dude as I was half joking anyway…you dont know me.

Again, you have lived a blessed life....

Again, you have lived a blessed life....

Well seeing as how we are both alive, and own the baddest trucks known to man, Id say we are both blessed! :rock: But yea I just havent had the heart to buy another bike yet, if I do, Ill probably get one that can go off road also, like a dual purpose bike. Never another crotch rocket.

Dual sport is the way to go! I guess I'm partial because I play in the dirt as much as I can. I just read a review in Motor Week about the new Honda, pushing 80 MPG and fun off and on road what's better than that. When I was in my teens I always said I would go crotch rocket but I was out of that phase before I hit my teens. I'm partial to cruisers now, my dream bike is a Victory Vegas.

You talkin about the CRF 250L?
481400_4044473271264_1105721084_n.jpg

Last edited:
Ive worked at a motorcycle dealer here in AZ for about 7 years and ive seen it all. 1st time riders come in with their friends and get pressured into "busa's" and gsxr-1000's and ive also seen those bikes come back for damage estimates and some times fatal endings. like some people have said its up to you to ride responsible. But it does suck when some one starts on a ninja or cbr250 and they want to upgrade a month later and cant because they are burried in it. If you've rode dirt bikes all your life like me i would start on a 600 no problem. if you've never ridden before get a little duel sport or ninja 500 plenty of power and easy to learn on.

I wouldn't hesitate buying a smaller cheaper beginner bike. They are great for learners and are usually pretty easy to sell once you use them to go through a rider course or take you test. They are kinda like a bad penny that gets passed along to other new riders. I have had a 90 Ninja 600, 02 Yamahar R-6 and I would have never passed the exam in either of them. Sport bikes are difficult to manuver at slow speeds for me and I would have never passed the test. I still love the looks of the sport bikes but now I ride a Big Dog Pittbull.

Bro I've been riding dirtbikes and quads since I was 9 and street bikes since I was about 20. I'm not the type to put around, I raced a little motocross when I was younger, and 100mph wheelies was pretty much a norm on the street. Do yourself a favor and don't start with a Busa. If you want something you won't outgrow but is a little more forgiving, buy a GSXR 750! Still a screamer but its not to crazy until your over 8000rpm's. Liter bikes and up have so much torque they can be a handful at any rpm.

This is what I have KTM 990 Super Duke. This is a fun bike plenty of power when you need it and it's not bad to handel.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364444030.495096.jpg

Super Duke is fun for sure. I had a DukeII for a year or so. Sux on the freeway but the tighter, twisty'er and throw a little gravel in the corners all the better!

Having multiple bikes allows a person to....

A little coaching at the track one day...
R6Instruct.jpg

Let it all hang out another day...
Flyover.jpg

A little desert exploring with some buddys in the afternoon...
CokeOvensKLR.jpg

Go for a cruise the next day...
IMG_0167.jpg

Followed up with a little alone time in the garage lol
Picture004.jpg

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back