Anyone had to replace a steering wheel

Demon 8

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The leather is wearing, it feels and looks crappy.
What has anyone done with this if anything. I know I could go to Autozone and get some kind of cover but they will look like crap too.
Thanks

i've sported a black wheel cover from vato zone since i bought the truck.. it really fits right in

I got a thick black foamy one from Wal-mart. It's actually therapudic for my manly mits..

James ---I use the Dodge Motorsports cover looks pretty good to me...Found it at walmart when I first bought the truck... Seems people were posting up at that time about their steering wheels needing replacement....do a seach and see what turns up there... I recommend a cover ,, cheap protection....But if you find a Dodge motorsports cover ,,I have Dibs on it ... Haven't been able to find another one....:aetsch:https://ptboutique.storesecured.com/items/dodge-charger/interior/steering-wheel-covers/plasticolor_classic_dodge_motorsports_steering_wheel_cover-detail.htm

Last edited:
I also want a 2005 Viper truck specific seat covers to protect my seats

Venom Power said:
I got a thick black foamy one from Wal-mart. It's actually therapudic for my manly mits..

Does it have a built in lotion dispenser:questionmark::questionmark::questionmark:

FSTJACK said:
Does it have a built in lotion dispenser:questionmark::questionmark::questionmark:

Now THAT'S an :stupido2:idea. For when my palms get all sweaty and I'm nervous on the 8th mi. strip because I'm about to get creamed by a rent-a-wreck.:D

Some have had theirs replaced under warranty. Not sure if that is even an option for you.

contact Avondale dodge for one , i got mine for a really good price from there - much cheaper than i thought it would be . easy to change out too.

Demon 8 said:
The leather is wearing, it feels and looks crappy.
What has anyone done with this if anything. I know I could go to Autozone and get some kind of cover but they will look like crap too.
Thanks

I had mine replaced on warranty at 35k miles. They gave Me a brand new one because it had wore at the top.

thewelshm

Venom Power said:
Now THAT'S an :stupido2:idea. For when my palms get all sweaty and I'm nervous on the 8th mi. strip because I'm about to get creamed by a rent-a-wreck.:D
'

Oh that's coooooollllldddddddddd...........:mad::mad::mad:

Oh yea but first you have to catch the Wrent-A-Wreck..........

VIPR PWR said:
James ---I use the Dodge Motorsports cover looks pretty good to me...Found it at walmart when I first bought the truck... Seems people were posting up at that time about their steering wheels needing replacement....do a seach and see what turns up there... I recommend a cover ,, cheap protection....But if you find a Dodge motorsports cover ,,I have Dibs on it ... Haven't been able to find another one....:aetsch:https://ptboutique.storesecured.com/items/dodge-charger/interior/steering-wheel-covers/plasticolor_classic_dodge_motorsports_steering_wheel_cover-detail.htm
that's the one i use....... :D

go to ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1P-D...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1P-D...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

:)

Last edited:
Bro, I replaced the one in my Z.....

Well, actually I got it rewrapped... A beautiful leather baseball stitch.

The guy is Viet Namese and his name is Don (Dong). www.dallassteeringwheel.com

The local guys wanted $500 for a custom baseball stitched wheel. Don did mine for 160 bucks and gave me a $30 trade in (refund) when I sent him my old wheel.

His work is absolutely fantastic. A work of art. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Nice guy, too.... and fast.

Catch him on the net.....

D

Django said:
Bro, I replaced the one in my Z.....

Well, actually I got it rewrapped... A beautiful leather baseball stitch.

The guy is Viet Namese and his name is Don (Dong). www.dallassteeringwheel.com

The local guys wanted $500 for a custom baseball stitched wheel. Don did mine for 160 bucks and gave me a $30 trade in (refund) when I sent him my old wheel.

His work is absolutely fantastic. A work of art. I can't recommend him highly enough.

Nice guy, too.... and fast.

Catch him on the net.....

D

looks like some great workmanship. :rock: :rock: :rock:

& he's a local boy:rock: :rock: :rock: :burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Venom Power said:

i wanna see pictures ! with the manly mits

VIPR PWR said:

I have one of those hanging on the wall here at Avondale Dodge Home of the Big Deal............ :D

Or you can replace the whole wheel as Hashash did. The cover would be the cheaper way to go but then again theres no tellin how long the factory interior parts will be available.

I had mine replaced under warranty......twice...in fact, the 2nd one is sitting in the service mgrs office waiting to be installed....I have put it off on purpose to wear out the one I have..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back