Anyone Have a XDM?

WizzySRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Springfied Armory XDM? What do you think of it? What caliber? I'm thinking about going with a .40 S&W XDM.

I have a .40 XDm..... Love it! It's the most accurate, best shooting handgun I've ever owned. :rock:

ha-1.jpg

My uncle just bought the same as Jake just posted except it has OD Green where his is black. I shot it and it shoots GREAT!

I'm considering ordering one tomarrow. Local gun shop is closed on mondays :( . I love what I've read about them. I didn't know if it was hype or true blue hand gun that works as described.

I shot almost identical targets with the XDM and my Glock 40 and shot near the same places on both.

I have the OD green in the 9mm and it kicks ass. never get bored shooting 20 rounds. good price for the product

I dont have the M, but I have a XD compact .45ACP and the XD Service 4" .45ACP...I prefer it over Glock because of the rear grip saftey. Plus XD's have passed the Glock test on more than one occasion!
I want to get the XDM in 9mm...

BurntRubber said:
I dont have the M, but I have a XD compact .45ACP and the XD Service 4" .45ACP...I prefer it over Glock because of the rear grip saftey. Plus XD's have passed the Glock test on more than one occasion!
I want to get the XDM in 9mm...

I hear good and bad about the XD but most of the bad are the people that are die hard 1911 fans.

DAMN I would never think of doing that to any of my Rifles, my HK USP Compact, My Kel tec or my shot guns. I wish the write up talked about accurcy but then again a torture test like this I'm very surprised it held up the way it did. Very good read! Thanks

I'm not curious will Night Sights for the XD work on the XDM.

Last edited:
my friend has an XD40, it's ok but i just don't care for polymer pistols, i've got a SCCY CPX-1 9mm for my carry gun and the polymer is lightweight and good for a carry gun but as far as shooting goes i like a heavyer steel frame pistol like my Baby Desert Eagle

WizzySRT10 said:
DAMN I would never think of doing that to any of my Rifles, my HK USP Compact, My Kel tec or my shot guns. I wish the write up talked about accurcy but then again a torture test like this I'm very surprised it held up the way it did. Very good read! Thanks

I'm not curious will Night Sights for the XD work on the XDM.

I read another test about accuracy Glock, XD, S&W, Taurus all semi-auto .45
XD was 2nd or 3rd with in accuracy #s...the XD won the contest though because for over all (which was cost, durability, safety, accuracy...etc)

dont know about the night sights, one of mine is an "under the bed night sight gun"...the other is a carry

the XDM is very accurate but my new HK 45C is more accurate and 400 bucks more. but the xdm is very smooth and cant be beat for the money and the green one looks sweet

HK's don't compare to XDM's. I love HK's and ever you ever shot one you'd agree. I have a HK USP Compact .45.

yeah there are guns that are more accurate, guess it depends on what you want the gun for...
but you can take the gun to the range and probably fire off 2000 rounds, come home wash the gun in your dish washer and take it out next day and run another 2000 rounds through it...i bought it for the durability and reliebility...if someone were to break into your house in the middle of the night you want to make sure that thing is going to work...i am not a competion shooter, accuracy can me different things at different times.
accuracy is like beauty....its in the eye of the beholder

I am a die-hard 1911 fan... I own several.

I can "cookie-cutter" the 10-ring out of my targets at 25yards with the XDm..... Can't do that with my Kimber.... :eek: It's just as comfortable in the hand as a 1911, it's about the same weight (loaded with 16+1) as a 1911, the sights are better, the "cheese grater" grips are better, and it holds TWICE the rounds as a 1911. ..... What more could I say. :dontknow:

......... And, if I wanted too..... I could leave it in a mud puddle for a few days, run over it with a truck, set it on top of a barrel of black powder and light the fuse...... and it would STILL work! :D Now, the Kimber MIGHT do the same, but I'm not going to try it since it's a $1300 gun. :eek: :p

The Springfield XDm is da shiz-nit. :rock:

well i was gonna ask on the gun thread about my latest quandry...but after reading this info about the xd...i think i just made up my mind...

i was gonna ask an opinion on the kimber 1911 with the .22 barrel, since i'm shooting more, and getting ammo for that reason, almost seems like a waste, since here it's hit or miss...so i was thinking about getting rid of my sig mosquito, and maybe my .357 on the headboard for a kimber .45...then getting the .22 retrofit kit....reason being i could get more comfortable shooting the same gun (hypothetically), and switch out for plinking....

any thoughts on that????

or should i just keep what little eclectic arsenal i have and add an xd to it???

i guess i'm concerned that with so many guns, obviously, each one shoots differently....so i'm wondering if the kimber deal would benefit "staying on target" so to speek...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back