Anyone have onfo on settling personal injury?

VENOMOUS1 RACING

Has Left the Room - Banned from VTCOA!
Reaction score
I was involved in an accident awile back and need some help on settling this thing. As a bodyshop manager I have expertise with Insurance Companies but with the car and not the personal injury part. Basically I haven't gotten a lawyer yet and didn't plan to as I just wanted my bills paid. But know they offered me $3k to settle and I owe over 11K in bills alone. So now I feel if they want to try and screw me, well I ain't getting screwed. I have a legitimate back injury from this accident noted by Dr.s and on medical records. I hurt daily and really took the whole thing lightly at first as I just wanted my Trans Am replaced, not worrying about the longevity of my back pain. Now I just want my bills from this accident paid and a reasonable compensation for my injuries and their possibly lifelong toll on my daily activites.
Anyone have recommendations other thatn a lawyer who is gonna take his huge percentage after never being involved in the accident nor feeling the pain I do on a daily basis. Now if that's what I HAVE to do then so be it, just want advice from others who may have beeen in a similar situation.

Get a lawyer and let him do all the work,and yes they are trying to screw you.

If you don't get a lawyer, you will get 10% of what you will otherwise be awarded. The lawyer will take 30% (I think) but you will still come out way ahead. It's unfortunate but a fact of life. My brother flipped his truck with passenger that were badly injured and the insurance company settled with one of the injured for $150,000. They told my brother that it was lucky the injured passenger did not get a lwyer because they likely would have gotten 1.5 million in court. It pays to hire a lawyer in these deals.

get a lawyer for sure,a friend got into an accident and their attorney offered him 2,500.00 cash and promise to pay all bills,they sent him some papers to sign,he did and got a check for 402.00,called them and they told him they paid the doctor bills out of the 2500.00.A lawyer is an absolute must.

VENOMOUS1 said:
I was involved in an accident awile back and need some help on settling this thing. As a bodyshop manager I have expertise with Insurance Companies but with the car and not the personal injury part. Basically I haven't gotten a lawyer yet and didn't plan to as I just wanted my bills paid. But know they offered me $3k to settle and I owe over 11K in bills alone. So now I feel if they want to try and screw me, well I ain't getting screwed. I have a legitimate back injury from this accident noted by Dr.s and on medical records. I hurt daily and really took the whole thing lightly at first as I just wanted my Trans Am replaced, not worrying about the longevity of my back pain. Now I just want my bills from this accident paid and a reasonable compensation for my injuries and their possibly lifelong toll on my daily activites.
Anyone have recommendations other thatn a lawyer who is gonna take his huge percentage after never being involved in the accident nor feeling the pain I do on a daily basis. Now if that's what I HAVE to do then so be it, just want advice from others who may have beeen in a similar situation.
send prof a pm, see if he can help you, the information may cost a bit, but his daughter is one of the nations best lawyers bud;) maybe she can point you in the right direction if nothing else.

one bit of advice, say no more of it on the forum, you would be surprised how skillfull the other side can be sir

My wife is a personal injury lawyer and is a damn good one at that. Give her a call. She will discuss your case with you for free. She is licensed in Texas and very knowlegeable on all areas of Texas laws and the current reason why the insurance companies try to screw you. You don't have to hire her if you don't want to, but at least you will be well informed so that you can make an intelligent decision on what to do. You will not be disappointed as she is very sharp.

972-888-6088
www.steelelawfirm.com

WOT said:
My wife is a personal injury lawyer and is a damn good one at that. Give her a call. She will discuss your case with you for free. She is licensed in Texas and very knowlegeable on all areas of Texas laws and the current reason why the insurance companies try to screw you. You don't have to hire her if you don't want to, but at least you will be well informed so that you can make an intelligent decision on what to do. You will not be disappointed as she is very sharp.

972-888-6088
www.steelelawfirm.com
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

You really need to lawyer up and quick. I had a lady run me and my truck into a telephone pole 2 1/2 years ago. Her insurance company has yet to pay for my medical, rental car or anything else.

But I have one of the best attorneys in the business and we have our deposition hearing this wednesday and a court date set in May of 2010. I'm still under a doctor's care, two surgeies on my shoulder and now it looks like one coming up on my neck, but my attorney is taking care of everything.

Stinker said:
I have a great lawyer bud if you need to use him, his name is smith and wesson:D

That ain't no lawyer.

That's a judge, jury, and executioner in a hand-held package.:p

Ram From Hell said:
That ain't no lawyer.

That's a judge, jury, and executioner in a hand-held package.:p
xactly:rock:

a lawyer is gonna take ya money

take two years to resolve

make you wait on everything

and end up letting the other person run slam over ya.

Smith talks to wesson, job done:marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Thanks for the info guys! Good thing I have multiple witnesses including a cop! And I kept the car for this reason.

shop for a lawyer, if some can setle out of court they only take a small percentage. this is a newer idea in the industry. but they wil stil charge 1/3 if they have to go to trial.

In many of my wife's cases, once she gets involved the value of the case goes way up because the insurance companies know who she is and deal with her on a daily basis (she used to defend insurance companies, but switched over to the plaintiff side when she could not take the injustice anymore). Since the value of the case goes up beyond the amount of the actual bills and she just takes a percentage, normally it doesn't cost the client anything at all.

Last edited:

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back