Anyone have the factory UConnect bluetooth??

USMC11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one of these units and I'm thinking about installing it in my truck. Anyone have one? If so, how do you like it? Does the mic pick up well?

I've got it I like it. I know whoever I'm talking to on it can hear the whine when I'm flooring it so i say the mic is pretty good.

Ramchargerguy said:
I've got it I like it. I know whoever I'm talking to on it can hear the whine when I'm flooring it so i say the mic is pretty good.

That's cool.

Do you know where the mic mounts? Theres one big unit that looks like a speaker or something and a smaller mic unit...

I would have to go look but I think the mic is in the rear view mirror on mine. That's something I haven't paid any attention too.

USMC11 said:
I have one of these units and I'm thinking about installing it in my truck. Anyone have one? If so, how do you like it? Does the mic pick up well?

Are you talking about the factory Bluetooth that's built into the rear view mirror or the dealer ad on kit from mopar?

I have heard good things about both, a few members have retrofitted their trucks with the factory rearview mirror setup but unless you can find everything used the individual parts from the dealer are quite spendy.

I love mine. Its clear and have not had any issues with it. The mic, on mine, is on the ceiling console near where the sunroof switch would be... I believe its there

It works ok. there are better systems out there. My buddys A6 has blue tooth phonebook and his text messages show up on the screen.. Now thats the shit

I have it and I'm ytring to take off all the parts to sell. I bought a new deck and have no need for it any more

so it works through the deck? and if you have an aftermarket deck it nolonger works?

Whataguy83 said:
Are you talking about the factory Bluetooth that's built into the rear view mirror or the dealer ad on kit from mopar?

I have heard good things about both, a few members have retrofitted their trucks with the factory rearview mirror setup but unless you can find everything used the individual parts from the dealer are quite spendy.

Mopar Super Center offered a kit -- not sure if they still do. It included the mirror, module and wiring harness. It was priced somewhere around $550.

Whataguy83 said:

I think it is the factory one, see below

Last edited:
Here's a pic of what I have. Not sure if this kit uses a mirror or not. I'm trying to decide whether I want to install it or sell it. Anyone have the non-mirror system? It came out of a 2007 Charger.

Attachments

• BlueTooth.jpg
    BlueTooth.jpg
    872.6 KB · Views: 558
That is the dealer ad on kit offered through Mopar. It's sort of a universal kit for around eight differnt models. This kit wont use your mirror (unless thats where you choose to mount your mic)

My Jeep radio has the u connect buttons but when pushed the screen says the u connect is unavailable. Anyone know how to enable it?

cobraken said:
My Jeep radio has the u connect buttons but when pushed the screen says the u connect is unavailable. Anyone know how to enable it?
yeah, you need to buy the u-connect module and install it and then have your tipm configured to accept the nodule. typical cost is about 457.00 installed

TheMoparConnection said:
yeah, you need to buy the u-connect module and install it and then have your tipm configured to accept the nodule. typical cost is about 457.00 installed

i have the factory blue tooth in mine and i want to take it out to sell....where are the pieces located and i also need the mirror without the u connect buttons...how much is that???

SRT2SLOW said:
i have the factory blue tooth in mine and i want to take it out to sell....where are the pieces located and i also need the mirror without the u connect buttons...how much is that???
what vehicle do you have and what radio do you have?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back