Anyone have this problem?

1bad4dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We discovered that Maureen's truck was low on oil before the last oil change (5 quarts low). So, when I took the truck my dealer, I explained my findings. So, we did the oil change and made ticket for me to bring the truck back in 1000 miles so that they can check the oil level and make a documentation.

So, it has been just over 800 miles since the oil change when I checked the oil level. Uh oh, no oil was visible on the dip stick. YIKES! So I cruise on over to the dealership so that they can document.

By the way, the truck does NOT blow smoke (ever) or have an oil leak. WTF?

So, they will be taking charge of the truck to tear down the motor to find the cause. My dealership has ALWAYS been great to us, so no worries there and yes, this is a warranty issue. :)

Anyone have this problem or heard of someone having this problem? What was the cause?

Thanks.

my truck had the same exact issue when i bought it i took it back to the stealership where i bought it and couldnt find anything they just top it off and said it was fine that it was cause it was new and the motor needed to be broken in i took it back like three times for the same thing and they could not figure it out so i took it to another stealership and they fix it all they did was change the oil cooler lines and problem solved untill a couple of months ago when the cooler lines started leaking again, dont know if that could be your problem but eather way keep us posted. btw i have solved the problem by installing stinkers oil lines:rock:

Maybe your oil is just so clean that you can't see it on the stick.... :dontknow:

D

Django said:
Maybe your oil is just so clean that you can't see it on the stick.... :dontknow:

D

That is my problem!!!

Anyway, good luck with the problem, glad its being covered!

FastSRT19 said:
That is my problem!!!

Anyway, good luck with the problem, glad its being covered!

It happened to me........ I just couldn't see the oil.....:confused:

That's why I mentioned it......

D

Django said:
It happened to me........ I just couldn't see the oil.....:confused:

That's why I mentioned it......

D

When i switched to Royal Purple i didn't have that problem again. lol Looks like grape kool-aid.:D :D :D :dontknow:

FastSRT19 said:
When i switched to Royal Purple i didn't have that problem again. lol Looks like grape kool-aid.:D :D :D :dontknow:

Purple always makes me hungry........ I'd be lickin' the fckn' dipstick.... Jimmy.;)

D

silversnake said:
my truck had the same exact issue when i bought it i took it back to the stealership where i bought it and couldnt find anything they just top it off and said it was fine that it was cause it was new and the motor needed to be broken in i took it back like three times for the same thing and they could not figure it out so i took it to another stealership and they fix it all they did was change the oil cooler lines and problem solved untill a couple of months ago when the cooler lines started leaking again, dont know if that could be your problem but eather way keep us posted. btw i have solved the problem by installing stinkers oil lines:rock:
but her truck does not leak...

There is a similar post on this but MAKE SURE you aren't leaking oil out of the oil filler cap. It is VERY hard to see clean oil on the valve cover. I have run into a few of these now...and they can go through a surprising amount of oil.

The replacement caps have a green Viton o-ring seal and the originals are black. The black ones shrink and can leak.

Ronnie

Last edited:
TheSickness said:
No can't say I've had that problem Bro.....But I did get my junk caught in the zipper once :argh:

lmao

no i have not had this problem either, but im sure with all the member we have here someone can give u a anwser :)

Django said:
Purple always makes me hungry........ I'd be lickin' the fckn' dipstick.... Jimmy.;)

D

What out Barnie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1bad4dr said:
but her truck does not leak...
in my case it was the oil cooler lines and i didnt know mine was leaking till they told me, there was no oil spots on the floor or anything but that might not be your case but keep us posted on what the problem was it might help others here;)

yes..... i've had that problem....my truck was burning up to 3 qts every oil change thenm it got worse.. and the dealership rebuilt the motor not once but twice...never got it right.. i finally blew the motor up and had it buiolt right

Tooloe said:
yes..... i've had that problem....my truck was burning up to 3 qts every oil change thenm it got worse.. and the dealership rebuilt the motor not once but twice...never got it right.. i finally blew the motor up and had it buiolt right
The truck goes under the knife on Monday. It was 2 quarts low after 775 miles since last oil change.

Hopefully they fix it for good?

Chryslers allowance for oil consumption on Viper motors is as follow's

1 quart per 1K miles if UNDER 50K miles

1 quart per 775 miles if OVER 50K miles.

Maureen's truck has 22K miles. lol Her usage is twice the allowance. haha

It's those dragonflies.

ANYONE HEAR???????????

1BAD4DR IS AFRAID OF THE BRUTAL 8 CHALLENGER FROM NORTH CAROLINA!!!!!!

I HEAR HE WEARS PRETTY PINK PANTIES AN A LITTLE RED NIGHTY:p :p :p

Stinker said:
ANYONE HEAR???????????

1BAD4DR IS AFRAID OF THE BRUTAL 8 CHALLENGER FROM NORTH CAROLINA!!!!!!

I HEAR HE WEARS PRETTY PINK PANTIES AN A LITTLE RED NIGHTY:p :p :p
I don't know about that Tony, But Maureen has some nice looking Recons.:D :rock: :p

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back