Anyone in here ever drive your truck in Snow?

Did it several times........ survived every time, just take it real easy LOL

i take the simple solution i park it in the winter and tell the wife hey i am taking your avalanche let it get eat up by the salt and sand and far less problems on snow and ice lol

first winter i drove the 10 in 2011 i had no winter tires.
I put 200 kg of sand bags in the bed, behind the wheels and the tire pressure in the rear at 2,4 bar. It worked for me at that moment; even with a 2500 kg compressor behind the truck.
Now i have 22" Blizzak winter tires from Bridgestone. They are great ! Driving on snow is the same feeling as driving on wet roads with summer tires. For winter that is a great improvement.

I drove my first 10 in the snow and it was scary every time. This truck is not my daily and sits under a cover for the winter months, thankfully. :D

I just recently bought some Bridgestone blizzak DM-V1 tires and it is unbelievable how easy it is to drive in snow. I don't have to brake or accelerate slowly. Just drive. I'm not saying I can go full on, but its still enjoyable.

You would have to get 20" wheels as that is the largest size the blizzak's come in.

Same here, Blizzacks rule....only brake loose in the Snow if you want them to, drive regular and have not slipped once.
i was able to get mine in a 22" at 285...it's my daily driver Sun, Rain, Snow, Ice, Whatever......

I drove my first 10 in the snow and it was scary every time. This truck is not my daily and sits under a cover for the winter months, thankfully. :D

Same here VPRPWRD, I don't drive my truck in the winter normally but we really haven't had any snow this winter. Today I washed it and got all the salt of it. It's back in the garage!

Same here VPRPWRD, I don't drive my truck in the winter normally but we really haven't had any snow this winter. Today I washed it and got all the salt of it. It's back in the garage!

Where it will stay, right?? :D

I didn't look at the weather when I left for New York this past weekend. it was real fun driving in the snow but I dirty the hell out of the truck
20130204_163731_zps38e2e44f.jpg

20130204_163724_zpsf9a2d296.jpg

I got to drive it in the slush and snow a few weeks back. Oh dear god... worst vehicle in the snow other than a motorcycle. Except, IT WAS FUN! I had a blast in the snow, kinda freaky at first but wasn't too bad.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back