anyone interested in an update?

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
WELL THEY AINT NO DANG UPDATE!!!!! I DONT HAVE A FREAKIN TRUCK! IT WAS ALL A LIE!!!!

Nah, talked with the Snake Doc today, and man this is one big pain!

but he has changed a few things and run it today up to 5psi and it made 640rwhp and 680 trq and that without a perfect tune.

Hopefully monday things will come together.

boogity booogity booo!:D

Cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool:D

Can't wait for the rest of the story

Waiting and waiting and never driving.

My truck has been apart 20 months now but who is counting.

I have 2 builds going on right now and both are happening painfully slowly.

These things take a lot of time unless you have a NASCAR or NHRA sized budget. (I don't)

Then the folks that build parts underestimate the time it takes to build them.

And the folks that ship the parts lose a few them.

Then when the parts finally get here they don't resemble what was ordered.

The only thing that is not underestimated is what they charge for the wrong unusable trash that is sent out.

A few things have gone off without a hitch, I just don't remember when it was so long ago.

If you are planning to build a Hot Rod remember FSTJACK's rule of thumb with regards to build ups.

1. It takes as least 3 times as long to get it done as was planned.

2. It takes at least 4 times as much money as planned to get finished and running corectly.

Think about what it takes to get one of these projects finished before you start. And do not let any one fast talk you into thinking you are going to beat the odds on these statistics.

Major go fast builds and bolt on's are not the same.

Be aware that sometimes a bolt on can turn into a major build if and when things go bad.

Will that ever stop me from modding and building Hot Rods. I don't think so, it is just to much fun.

Believe me, I feel your pain!

I'm in the "standby to commence standing by" mode - again. I was told my new pistons are a week out. According to Jack's rules that means three weeks. Waiting for the pistons so the machine shop can get busy. On top of waiting for parts, the guy building the engine has kidney stones (I don't envy him that).

Whenever I start to feel frustrated with the situation something happens to bring things back into perspective. We just had our 8th grandchild today. Truck, what truck?

Big Celebrations at Big Asps

Phil,
Congratulations to you and your family on the new child.

Like you said what truck?

That really puts our toys in perspective and forces me to laugh at myself. In a few years these war stories will mean nothing and the child will be our hope for the future.

This makes me so joyous i can't express it with words.

Big Asp said:
Whenever I start to feel frustrated with the situation something happens to bring things back into perspective. We just had our 8th grandchild today. Truck, what truck?

Congratulations BA. :cool: :cool:

Number 8.:eek: I don't think I would be able to afford you Christmas gift list just for the Grandkids. ;) :D

Stinker...hang in there buddy....Jack is so right.....my truck was going to be home in 3 months......it took 8 months....had it and drove it for all of one day and it was back in the shop for more stuff.....now add another 2 months and we will be close to 12 months.....but this last one was beacuse of me.....anyway I have been keeping up with you on the alley....sounds to me like you are in very good hands.....let them do what they do best.....but keep in-touch with them weekly...:):)

Walt

FSTJACK said:
My truck has been apart 20 months now but who is counting.

I have 2 builds going on right now and both are happening painfully slowly.

These things take a lot of time unless you have a NASCAR or NHRA sized budget. (I don't)

Then the folks that build parts underestimate the time it takes to build them.

And the folks that ship the parts lose a few them.

Then when the parts finally get here they don't resemble what was ordered.

The only thing that is not underestimated is what they charge for the wrong unusable trash that is sent out.

A few things have gone off without a hitch, I just don't remember when it was so long ago.

If you are planning to build a Hot Rod remember FSTJACK's rule of thumb with regards to build ups.

1. It takes as least 3 times as long to get it done as was planned.

2. It takes at least 4 times as much money as planned to get finished and running corectly.

Think about what it takes to get one of these projects finished before you start. And do not let any one fast talk you into thinking you are going to beat the odds on these statistics.

Major go fast builds and bolt on's are not the same.

Be aware that sometimes a bolt on can turn into a major build if and when things go bad.

Will that ever stop me from modding and building Hot Rods. I don't think so, it is just to much fun.
those words so be on a poster!

The first streetrod I built (1940 Ford) I thought would take me 1 to 2 years and $10,000. This was in the early 80's. 6 years later, stopped keeping count of money when it went over $25,000, it was finally on the road. Then I learned the projects are never completed because of more changes and more money. In the end, it was all worth it.

jesus.. longest i was without my car was 1 month and I was going nuts, 20 Months?? I'd be buying another! haha

I'm sure the end result will be well worth it all though!!

LOLOL Thanks Chris! it wasnt supposed to be but a few months, but the blew #3 for shits and giggles, so it has taken a few more:(

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back